New Husqvarna 525L trimmer

After dealing with cheap sub $100 weed eaters that wouldn’t make it 2 years for me, I broke down and dropped a few pretty pennies on this. Can’t wait to use it, hopefully it doesn’t bog down like my old craftsman one did!

Don't know what all you will be cutting but should serve you well for many years.

Ive had mine for about 15 years. Loves Mobil 1 2T oil of about the same vintage. Starts and runs great. Original carb.

You want real power grab a Husqvarna 555FX. 3.8 horsepower and 20+ lbs hanging off your shoulder.

I hate it, but love it. Best thing ever for clearing overgrown fence lines.

@ssspencerjr My local husqvarna dealer started carrying Echo and I need a new string trimmer for around the house so I figured heck, I'll try it. It's got to be the heaviest/sturdiest feeling "little" string trimmer I've ever used. The way you wind cord into the head SUCKS. I need to replace the head with a husqvarna one.

You want real power grab a Husqvarna 555FX. 3.8 horsepower and 20+ lbs hanging off your shoulder.

I hate it, but love it. Best thing ever for clearing overgrown fence lines.

@ssspencerjr My local husqvarna dealer started carrying Echo and I need a new string trimmer for around the house so I figured heck, I'll try it. It's got to be the heaviest/sturdiest feeling "little" string trimmer I've ever used. The way you wind cord into the head SUCKS. I need to replace the head with a husqvarna one.
I kinda wish I would have looked at the Echo trimmers before I bought my Husqvarna. I have an echo blower I bought previously. Three primer pumps, one pull choke one and one pull choke off and it's running. My Husqvarna had instructions printed on the plastic housing. Ten primer bulb pumps, 3 pulls choke on, 3 pulls half choke, it should start them choke off. Quite the process compared to the echo.

Don't know what all you will be cutting but should serve you well for many years.
We have a hill that really isn’t even push mower safe that we just end up weed eating, otherwise just normal trimming around the house. I’m hoping it lasts as long as JHZR2’s!

Finally got around to using it, just for 2 minutes to clean some super overgrown grass around my sidewalk where the dog likes to do his business... man this thing rips! Only time it bogged is when I accidentally let it dig into the ground. It’s also super quiet compared to all the previous gas trimmers I’ve used.

I grabbed a can of VP multi-mix from Meijer for its initial fill up out of sheer laziness, it doesn’t quite smell like gasoline and the exhaust has a almost pleasant sweet smell to it. Might have to keep using that.

I picked up a Husqvarna 128LD last year. Nice trimmer. Last month I picked up the edger and cultivator/mini tiller attachments for it. Haven’t had a chance to use them yet. But I still have my cheap, snot green Poulan curved shaft trimmer that I bought probably 10 years ago. Still runs like a champ.

L8R,
Matt

Great choice! Used a friends for a bit. Power to weight ratio was excellent. Too bad I dont have a Husqy dealer around here. Ive owned an echo 2620, and currently have a stihl fs94r. If youre a fan of premix fuels VP 50:1 is the bees knees. Zero smoke, zero spooge.

I’ve had my husky trimmer for almost 15 years now and have never had any issues with it at all and it gets abused. We use a saw attachment on it to cut under brush, which is pretty tough stuff for a trimmer. Still running the original spark plug and always starts within 2 or three pulls even after sitting all winter. I guarantee it gets 10x the use of an average trimmer here on the farm. Great tool!

I’ve had my husky trimmer for almost 15 years now and have never had any issues with it at all and it gets abused. We use a saw attachment on it to cut under brush, which is pretty tough stuff for a trimmer. Still running the original spark plug and always starts within 2 or three pulls even after sitting all winter. I guarantee it gets 10x the use of an average trimmer here on the farm. Great tool!
Hot ****! Ive been changing spark plugs annually, looks like I can stretch that out a little more!

Back