New Fram Ultra 2.7 Ecoboost

Haven't seen it. Unsolicited but if me, I wouldn't be running an OC past 5k in the 2.7 Eco and I would want a new filter on each OCI for this application. I would look to something lower speed, more like a MC or a Wix and change the filter with the oil at 5k. And this is from a user who has been installing Fram Ultra's on my vehicles for years.

I agree that I wouldn’t push the interval on these. But there is nothing wrong with using a premium product. Especially one like this with better efficiency ratings.

I cannot argue that at all. In the grand scheme it is not an exorbitant layout.

I agree that I wouldn’t push the interval on these. But there is nothing wrong with using a premium product. Especially one like this with better efficiency ratings.
The problem with the premise is,,, if you read the million mile vehicle articles that randomly get posted here none have used "premium" oil filters. .

Agreed. A full syn 5W-30 and the filter of your choosing for a 5k OCI will do just fine.

I've always used Motorcraft filters in my 2.7 and per oil analysis use 7500 miles as my change interval. My truck is currently at 83,000 miles. I have a thread on an F150 site where a friend ran his 2.7 to 465,000 miles using the oil life monitor (10k miles) as his change trigger. ( https://www.f150forum.com/f118/465-000-mile-2-7-a-389552/ ) He recently sold it when the transmission started acting up......and bought a Ram. If you read the thread, be aware....there are a number of idiots loose on the internet. :)

Last edited:
The link shows it is made in China on the cartridge. That would be a no for me. It has a different white media, but says dual layer synthetic blend on the box. The new Ultra USA blend media is not white. So what is going on.
I mean ok talk about China taking over manufacturing, blah blah blah, but then follow through at the store as much as possible with action.

"I mean ok talk about China taking over manufacturing, blah blah blah, but then follow through at the store as much as possible with action."

Right on, brother.

Back