New Fram Size 12447 an aftermarket for AC Delco PF66

I came across that Fram now has an equivalent for the PF66
The Extra Guard appears that it might just be the same as a Champ made PF66 just with a Fram Paint Job, but the weird thing is they have a Fram Ultra part on Walmart's website, but not yet listed on Fram's website but it's also clearly a Champion style tapping plate.

Improving their lineup options... that's a good sign. I doubt that they'll ever make a TG or UG for my 6.0L Powerstroke though.

Improving their lineup options... that's a good sign. I doubt that they'll ever make a TG or UG for my 6.0L Powerstroke though.

Thanks for the link! I meant the Ultra version.. I'm currently using a TG9549 in the truck now. I'm an idiot, It's too early, & I haven't had my coffee yet this morning. :coffee: :p

Small Note:
I went to the site linked above.
They've transmission filters for both RWD and 4WD Rangers (4WD has a deeper pan and longer pick-up tube).
However, the site says the 4WD version is available until stock is depleted.
I guess Fram is dropping that application.

Somewhat related, recently watched a couple youtube videos showing the PH7317 orange can with Champ Labs ecore construction. However, both used nitrile adbv like Super Tech ST series, still says silicone on box. Orange can with metal endcaps, after all these years promoting fiber, who'd a thunk it. Apparently, First Brands. Don't know if permanent change, or a temporary deal.

Somewhat related, recently watched a couple youtube videos showing the PH7317 orange can with Champ Labs ecore construction. However, both used nitrile adbv like Super Tech ST series, still says silicone on box. Orange can with metal endcaps, after all these years promoting fiber, who'd a thunk it. Apparently, First Brands. Don't know if permanent change, or a temporary deal.
I wonder if on this they decided since it only fits a few years of GM vehicles and it's kind of an awkwardly small filter that uses a giant 1"-16 thread so they just used the Champ labs tapping plates they already have instead of designing a new Fram one for such a narrow application.

I already know that. Compared to others like the 7317 variety the pickings are slim. So the statement is indeed valid.
It looks to me like there's only like 3 or 4 unique filters on the market, the Champ made PF66 and the Champ/Luberfiner Equivalent, the Purolator made PF66 which the Wix part looks like it may just be a rebrand of, and Premium Guard seems to only make a basic filter at this time. The parts store brands that use Champion don't have any options yet. The Fram Ultra appears to be the first premium option for a PF66 equivalent.

It looks to me like there's only like 3 or 4 unique filters on the market, the Champ made PF66 and the Champ/Luberfiner Equivalent, the Purolator made PF66 which the Wix part looks like it may just be a rebrand of, and Premium Guard seems to only make a basic filter at this time. The parts store brands that use Champion don't have any options yet. The Fram Ultra appears to be the first premium option for a PF66 equivalent.
Not so long ago you couldn't even find a PF66 on the shelves and if you did they were $20... Pandemic days ..
As we said slim pickings

I don’t know but I’ve saw over 10 dofferent PF 66 variants on Buick, Cadillac and Silverado trucks. Parts Plus, Parts Master, WIX WL 10351 etc. they do exist. Here’s more proof. Oops!

Bypass psi differences. Wix catalog doesn’t spec a 4967 filter for 22’ and up Camry/RAV4 2.5 4 cyl engine either. They spec WL-10332
Fram and Premium Guard still recommend the 4967 equivalent, Rock Auto does show signifcantly less filters available for the newer models than they do older cars that used the 4967. But at least in a pinch any 4967 equivalent looks like it could be used. The PF66 is a whole other animal, 1"-16 on a 3in diameter filter is not something you can easily find, the filters on that website seem to be a bunch of filters that can not be found in the US market.

Fram and Premium Guard still recommend the 4967 equivalent, Rock Auto does show signifcantly less filters available for the newer models than they do older cars that used the 4967. But at least in a pinch any 4967 equivalent looks like it could be used. The PF66 is a whole other animal, 1"-16 on a 3in diameter filter is not something you can easily find, the filters on that website seem to be a bunch of filters that can not be found in the US market.
I guess the 2023 WIX catalog at work is wrong then. I’ve saw some vehicles come back with 4967 on and some with 10332. Guess both are ok to use

I was in Walmart and they had the XG12447 in stock, still no PH12447, I would've looked at the Ultra but they don't just fold tabs over on the bottom of the box anymore they're all glued.

I wonder if on this they decided since it only fits a few years of GM vehicles and it's kind of an awkwardly small filter that uses a giant 1"-16 thread so they just used the Champ labs tapping plates they already have instead of designing a new Fram one for such a narrow application.
Could be. First Brand moves on some filter applications seem all over the place now. Hard to say what their reasoning is for the changes. Was surprised to see the popular application PH7317 seen with Champ Labs ecore design. The current fall back of supply chain issues, possible I suppose.

Back