New Filter

I have a 2003 S10 4.3 been running the PF47E filter. No complaints so far, however I have seen recent videos where the end caps were not evenly placed.

So I am wanting to go for a more higher quality filter, I run QuakerState All Mileage 5w30 (Synthetic blend) and do 3,500-4,500 mile intervals.

Anyways I see Walmart has K&N Select Oil Filter SO-1001 for $10.97, problem is I cannot find that filter on K&N's website to get full specifications so it brings into question is this even made anymore or is it old stock.

I also see O'reilly's has MicroGard Select oil filters for $10.99. People also seem to be raving about the FRAM Ultra filters however I have not been a fan of FRAM in the past.

Name some good oil filters.

Folks having any better luck with the PF52E? Same filter just longer and is what I put on my mom's s-10. Right now they are $4.26 on Amazon.. If you just want to run something different/better I'd run a Fram Ultra or Wix.

At your OCI I'd look to the $5 Fram Extra Guard. I'm doing 5k runs in the RAV4 in my sig and the EG filters have come out as perfect as I could ask for. It is a clean engine and I wouldn't be going extended with it so my recommendation has limitations.

At your OCI I'd look to the $5 Fram Extra Guard. I'm doing 5k runs in the RAV4 in my sig and the EG filters have come out as perfect as I could ask for. It is a clean engine and I wouldn't be going extended with it so my recommendation has limitations.
The Extra Guard has the cardboard end caps correct? if so that is a no go for me.

Deacons PF 5w
Folks having any better luck with the PF52E? Same filter just longer and is what I put on my mom's s-10. Right now they are $4.26 on Amazon.. If you just want to run something different/better I'd run a Fram Ultra or Wix.
thats the filter the OP should be running

Back