NEW Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
what model 970? evga? msi? MSI - I'm pretty sure a GTX 960 2GB would have been fine
What model/gen i7? Intel Core i7-6700K Processor (4x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
what brand and model mobo? (just curious about the chipset) MSI Z170A SLI Plus -- 3x PCIe 3.0 x16, 6x USB 3.1 Gen1, 1x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C
what frequency ram? 32 GB [8 GB x4] DDR4-2800 Memory Module - ADATA XPG Z1
what brand/model SSD? 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Hot dang. Overkill.
Great choice on the MOBO - unfortunately I am on a Z87-GD65 and sitting on 4th gen tech.....
Now I feel outdated
frown.gif

Good brand choices though and part selection.... did they have you pick the parts? or was this all pre-selected??

That thing will probably last you for a long long long time.
Hopefully didn't skimp out on the PSU.

What was the overall cost from them?
You're basically now part of the PC master race and with top of the line equipment.
01.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kwuality

Good brand choices though and part selection.... did they have you pick the parts? or was this all pre-selected??

What was the overall cost from them?

Look at their configurator. Choose brands on most things. BUT - I had zero idea my video card would say "MSI" on it.........but I am was so behind the times I didn't know it would have any (2!) cooling fans ON the video card. They had some good specials going. Free shipping, multiple free upgrades. But for the most part, choose what you want. I had many people tell me no to get a sound card, for example. But I have a decent ear and I can definitely say all audio is better with the SB Z card. Here's some overkill: I haven't even purposely put anything on the big hard drive.

~$1600.

Plugged it in and started working.

But I have a decent ear and I can definitely say all audio is better with the SB Z card.

Do you rock some Seinnheiser's?

~$1600.

Plugged it in and started working.

Honestly, there is nothing more defeating when you build your own PC and go to turn it on and... something does not work properly.
(dealing with RMA's on new equipment is never fun)

You got the better-end of everything, if not the best of every part category.

So if you got the money, hey, I would call it money well spent and time saved
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back