New Cross Climate 2

It’s been about a month now since I put these on my wife’s XT6. Went with the stock size, 235/55R20 H rated. I’m very happy with them, the wife doesn’t really notice a difference. I glad to report that they a no louder than the OEM Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires I pulled off. Those were down to about 4/32” at 31,000 miles. I was really worried about the road noise, and the reviews are all over the place. They’re quiet on the Cadillac. They drive great in the hot and dry, great in the little bit of rain we had this week. Being that this is an El Niño winter for us in north Texas, I wanted her to have some good tires just in case what the weather man says is right.
IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6006.jpeg

It’s been about a month now since I put these on my wife’s XT6. Went with the stock size, 235/55R20 H rated. I’m very happy with them, the wife doesn’t really notice a difference. I glad to report that they a no louder than the OEM Michelin Primacy Tour A/S tires I pulled off. Those were down to about 4/32” at 31,000 miles. I was really worried about the road noise, and the reviews are all over the place. They’re quiet on the Cadillac. They drive great in the hot and dry, great in the little bit of rain we had this week. Being that this is an El Niño winter for us in north Texas, I wanted her to have some good tires just in case what the weather man says is right.
View attachment 178865View attachment 178866
I put a set on a 2023 Toyota Venza 2,000 miles back,, they are quiet also. I really like them too...

One of Michelin's not generic looking tread patterns.

Those have to be really good in the snow.. at least light snow.. not mountain pass snow.
Ice they arent heavily siped so I'd expect not any better than many all-seasons.

60000 km’s on our CC2’s. They’re wearing well, and should be good for a couple years yet for us. They are great in snow and heavy rain, but only ok on ice. Road noise was very low when they were new, but just ok now with some miles on them.

Put a set on the Cmax (225/50 17) a few months ago (just shy of a Grand)... waiting to see what this winter throws at us here in NW OH.

Dad wanted new rubber before this winter, and he liked the looks of mine so much, he just put a set on his '15 Escape (235/55 17). (also just shy of a grand..)

Just put a set of CrossClimate2 on the 2020 Acura MDX (245/50/VR20). 200 miles in, so still in the break in period. No difference in noise compared to the original Continental OEMs. The CrossClimate2's did well in heavy rain this past week and they feel significantly better on road bumps.

I expect to put CrossClimate2's on my wife's CR-V Hybrid this year as well.

Had a set of the older version years ago called hydro edge on a PT Cruiser and they were a great tire then...These kind of look similar..

I'm glad the tires are working out for you. Thanks for the report. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to trade in my Defender 2 for the Cross Climate...

The defenders are VERY quiet and acceptable ride, but the on center feel is quite poor, especially on the highway (probably just tread squirm). It feels just like you're driving on a windy day.
I'm a touch concerned about winter handling.
Gas mileage is about the same as the pure contact LS.

Bob

I'm glad the tires are working out for you. Thanks for the report. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to trade in my Defender 2 for the Cross Climate...

The defenders are VERY quiet and acceptable ride, but the on center feel is quite poor, especially on the highway (probably just tread squirm). It feels just like you're driving on a windy day.
I'm a touch concerned about winter handling.
Gas mileage is about the same as the pure contact LS.

Bob
Have you tried increased the psi a little? I have found in the past that an extra 2-3 psi helped greatly with handling. If it doesn't help, just decrease back to stock.

I haven't tried more pressure because the tires already don't handle sharp-edged bumps well.

Bob

CC2s are more than the sum of their capabilities. Usually tires designed for varied conditions have glaring shortcomings. Jack of all trades, master of none. CC2s are an exception. They’re surprisingly good for most any real-world driving scenario.

Back