New car still has vibration

How I can or ask to escalate to the manufacture?

Screenshot 2020-10-26 185458.png

@ tiger862 I haven’t drove hard due to car need a break in so I’m driving in the city and some hwy to my house. I need to take off and take it on the hwy until reach at 1k miles.

@stower17 mine is 4matic

I have 19” amg wheels tire size 235/50/19
Front psi 40 cold
Rear psi 41 cold
Read the rest. Get road force balance. Those wheels are a pain to balance. They need to be dynamic balance by removing all the weight and rebalance. Lots of people take a short cut and check balance by what is on the wheel. Without getting to technical I have seen weight installed wrong then another added to correct this but it never does.

Read the rest. Get road force balance. Those wheels are a pain to balance. They need to be dynamic balance by removing all the weight and rebalance. Lots of people take a short cut and check balance by what is on the wheel. Without getting to technical I have seen weight installed wrong then another added to correct this but it never does.

Mercedes only do road force balance.

I don’t know and no one told me about it. It arrived like that.

Was just trying to figure out the history. In your original post, you mentioned that you took the car to the dealer for the "body trim repair".

Did you buy the car new and with trim damage or was it a used car with very low mileage?

If you believe it's wheel and tire related, ask your dealer to swap all wheels and tires from another similar car. Then drive it for evaluation.

My Jaguar has a rim that, while straight, creates a steering wheel vibration when it's on the front and is less noticeable on the rear. But only at certain speeds. It's been like this since new. The rim has a heavy spot that is located nearer the center.

It's good to know that you can balance a wheel and tire assembly perfectly, but if the wheel is heavy in one location, and the tire another, the net result may only be good at one speed. Typically the speed the balancer machine uses.

In the aviation world, I balance our helicopter's rotor blades about twice a year. It's important to get the blades matched before starting to balance it, with blades that have similar weight characteristics across from each other. Otherwise it shakes at any RPM other than 100%. The reason is simple enough, the location of the weight (heavy spot) on the blade's span affects it's inertia at various RPM's. The very same thing goes for tires and wheels.

I don't know if that's your issue, but a wheel/tire swap with another car will help trouble shoot it.

Local dealer said they cannot swap the wheels/tires due to I bought the car from out of the state. I did contact the dealership I bought it from and told me to take it to other dealership to verify the issues after this they will do something about it (out of dealership told me).

Contact a lemon law attorney. That will either light a fire under them or get the car bought back if they are unable or unwilling to figure out what's wrong.

Do you have a number I can call them? Sorry if I ask you this. I don’t know who to contact.

Was just trying to figure out the history. In your original post, you mentioned that you took the car to the dealer for the "body trim repair".

Did you buy the car new and with trim damage or was it a used car with very low mileage?

I bought it new with 28 miles On it and when it arrived at my house. I did not look closely and next day I was looking around and body trim was loose from the body panel. There was no damage to the body panel only it was loose.

Do you have a number I can call them? Sorry if I ask you this. I don’t know who to contact.
I do not, and I'm not in your state. You can probably just google Tennessee Lemon Law Attorney. At least in most states, the manufacturer will have to pay your attorney fees if you meet the requirements.

Mercedes only do road force balance.

If they had properly applied a road force balancer they would know exactly why it is vibrating or be able to say it isn't the tire and wheel assemblies.

If they had properly road forced they should know what the force variation is on each wheel assembly is as well as the runout of the wheel itself. Start asking questions.

Mercedes Benz Music City has an Elite
M-B Nashville does not (though they do have road force)
(According to Hunter)

Back