New car fun

Day 2 of new car ownership I did the first wash and wax. Asked the dealership to leave it all dirty from the lot so it needed a good clean.

Took it to my local holiday for a touchless wash with underbody high pressure spray to prep for step 2. Then did an ONR wash in the garage. Coated with turtle wax ceramic spray. Really liking this stuff by the way. BITOG was right on it being a really good off the shelf product that's easy to use.

After it went up on my Quickjacks for undercoating with Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. My first time using it and I'll say it's really messy to apply since it's liquid at first. But it cured to a really nice matte finish. We'll see how it holds up. These mirages are not particularly rust resistant on their own.

Attachments

• Mirage jacks.JPG
    Mirage jacks.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Mirage undercoat.JPG
    Mirage undercoat.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 147
Congrats on your sweet new car! (y) Love the color! It's so much fun washing and detailing a new car for the very first time.

Was your new Vauxhall VIVA (Spark) flawed? Wonder why the change?

I used to love subcompact cars with a stick. Drove the Spark, not enough elbow room and steering was a bit rubbery
for a small light car. Engine was nice.

Now that I am 250 lbs blob, the one tonners tend to list to Port.

- Ken

Was your new Vauxhall VIVA (Spark) flawed? Wonder why the change?

I used to love subcompact cars with a stick. Drove the Spark, not enough elbow room and steering was a bit rubbery
for a small light car. Engine was nice.

Now that I am 250 lbs blob, the one tonners tend to list to Port.

- Ken
We got an offer on the spark that allowed my wife to pay off her new Accent so it had to go. She made over $4k after buying it new and driving it for a year.

I've owned multiple sparks over the years and have always liked them. They drive like a much bigger car than they are in my opinion.

Back