New Canadian Passenger Airline Lynx Air's INAUGURAL FLIGHT

Do tell…
While I can't know for sure where I caught the bugs, I do recall one very sick pax on JetBlue, she was coughing up a lung on the walkway, and made a beeline for the forward lav as she boarded. No surprise she sat behind me and despite my best efforts at protection, a few days later I was on death's door. A few days after that, my wife.

As I work alone in my private office, and private hangars, "completely solo" and often drive or fly myself places, I'm not exposed to anywhere near what the average person is. Yet I've been sick a lot the last 2 years. Mama always gets sick after me, so I'm the carrier. My belief is that JetBlue out of NY is where I catch the bugs. I would do well to start driving the trip again. Being sick for a week and down hard for 4 days is way worse than driving 19 hours.

You have a 177 RG….. From flying 121 Supplemental to 135, 91K & 91 to office scum now aircraft owner, I don’t get sick unless my wife brings it home from the airline. Flying 121 was the worst.
I am retired, I am in charge of 1 teenage girl, she too can be a disease vector, 9 cats, 2 horses. I do not hang out with sick folk, just crazy people. Large pressurized aluminum tubes spread disease. The spray and UV light used between pax now is very effective so I have heard from our line pilots. But that is in executive mailing tubes not the tubes for scum, like me, hence the Arrow.

You have a 177 RG…..
Don't remind me... :)

I'm just kidding of course. I desperately want a fast Mooney, but it looks like that's out of the picture. Retirement is looming and the need for solo travel won't be there.

Back to the OP's post, I truly dislike high density seating, as I am not a small guy. Not fat, just not small. My shoulders go well into my neighbors space and I must often sit with arms folded. In this regard, the Airbus single aisle seems to be a bit wider and I absolutely fit better in an Airbus tube against the window, than a Boeing single aisle.

For me, this is a no-go. Too small. Everybody wonders why I stick with JetBlue. It's because I fit in the A320's and am comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
the Airbus single aisle seems to be a bit wider and I absolutely fit better in an Airbus tube against the window, than a Boeing single aisle.
While I’m a Southwest person through and through when I do need to fly, I was on a American A321neo this week between SFO-PHL. Even though I was in economy(Main Cabin), and the airlines are going towards thin line seats I felt the Airbus cabin doesn’t seem as “tight” as Boeing on the 737.

You can blame the trend of turning planes into sardine cans on ULCCs - Ryanair started with Southwest’s business model but made it into a profitable if not spartan arrangement. ULCCs are turning the skies into Greyhound (I would say Uber but they still have a “luxury” product). Flying is still a luxury in any sense though.

While I’m a Southwest person through and through when I do need to fly, I was on a American A321neo this week between SFO-PHL. Even though I was in economy(Main Cabin), and the airlines are going towards thin line seats I felt the Airbus cabin doesn’t seem as “tight” as Boeing on the 737.

You can blame the trend of turning planes into sardine cans on ULCCs - Ryanair started with Southwest’s business model but made it into a profitable if not spartan arrangement. ULCCs are turning the skies into Greyhound (I would say Uber but they still have a “luxury” product). Flying is still a luxury in any sense though.
SFO PHL is a long flight in narrow body economy. At least you had the jet stream to reduce the time in the air a bit.

On a good note, the tensions in the cabins between passengers and/ or flight attendants seems to have measurably calmed down. I have not witnessed or read about any incidents in the past few months.

I tell my Wife when I retire I am never ever going to board a commercial flight again.

I too am not small at 6’6” and 230 no one wants to sit near me. Last ‘Bus I was on was USAir, my ass did not fit in the seat, had to lift the arm up, sit down put the armrest back down. At that time I had less than 10% body fat and was still considered to be an ox. My butt in very narrow but legs are/were thick.
I do not foresee ever getting in a jet again unless the tail ends in QS. All my traveling will be in my Cowboy Cadillac (lifted Chevy Diesel dually 4 door pickup) or Piper, Arrow.

SFO PHL is a long flight in narrow body economy. At least you had the jet stream to reduce the time in the air a bit.

On a good note, the tensions in the cabins between passengers and/ or flight attendants seems to have measurably calmed down. I have not witnessed or read about any incidents in the past few months.
Well, dropping the mask requirement(I still wore mine) and resuming onboard booze sales does help. 😉

Yea, after my inbound flight on a A321, I decided to go United for my return trip - seeing the 777 or 787 as the planes for the EWR-SFO route was a big factor into that decision.

Well, dropping the mask requirement(I still wore mine) and resuming onboard booze sales does help. 😉

Yea, after my inbound flight on a A321, I decided to go United for my return trip - seeing the 777 or 787 as the planes for the EWR-SFO route was a big factor into that decision.
Lots of A321-neo’s on my Euro trips

276086AF-1836-408F-8936-11EB17F32C9E.jpeg

Do the 321 neos have "real" first class seats, or just a blocked middle seat like most European narrow bodies "first class"?
I’m mostly on BA or LH for the mid-haul and it’s blocked middle with better food & drink …
Recently flew Aegean and was more like the American A321-neo I took from MIA to IAH …
(more like real First Class)

I have always thought that real First and Business are lie flat seats.
Lie flat seats have been around for 20 or so years.Before e that were angle flat seats, before that recliner seats. Domestic USA airline first class seats often duplicate oconus flights premium economy seats. On a European narrow body, first class typically means the middle seat is blocked, but is still an economy seat.

Last edited:
Back