New Canadian Passenger Airline Lynx Air's INAUGURAL FLIGHT

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Guess Canadians' have a new option for flying, discount carrier Lynx, based out of Calgary. Lynx has big plans proposed over the next decade, but currently only flying three 737 Max. The slim seats look more than a bit unwelcoming, even though the seats are brand spanking new.

I've flown on Swoop(westjet's budget airline) which has the same business model and seating. Took a 4 hour flight each way for ~$200 from Hamilton(near toronto) to Abbotsford(near Vancouver)and its not really that bad, they had free wifi without internet but access to movies, games, etc, but you use your own device, which might be better anyways.
I will say, that since the seats don't recline much, sleeping for me was almost impossible, and I made the mistake of booking an night flight on the way home which wasn't the greatest... I won't do that again but I would book a day flight for sure.
Everything is extra $$ but if you are travelling light its a good way to save money. If you pick your seats, check in a couple bags, etc then its still cheaper than a normal airline but maybe only by 25%?

Just when you thought seats couldn't get worse in airplanes than they already are.....

I'm 6'3" and the I prefer web seats on a C-130 over any airline seat. I'll even sleep on the cargo; much nicer for the tall folks IMHO.

Last flew 15 years ago to Fairbanks AK; it was torture.

I'm 6'3" and the I prefer web seats on a C-130 over any airline seat. I'll even sleep on the cargo; much nicer for the tall folks IMHO.

Last flew 15 years ago to Fairbanks AK; it was torture.
I'm average height and I think I have maybe two inches from the seat in front of me. So yes-I feel for you. But those seats shown in the video are very narrow and probably has a bottom cushion that's thin as well. My rule of thumb is that I don't fly econo airlines-ever. So-that leaves out this airline, Frontier, etc. I won't fly Souhtwest either due to the lack of a seat assignment. Although I don't know if I would classify them as an "econo" airline.

I am 6’6” and just don’t fit. I worked in the airline industry for a vacation charter carrier, we had 6 727-200. The boss used me to set the seat pitch. They set them at 31 inches and still got 179 seats in the 727, all leather, nicest seats I have ever been in and did not weigh as much as the cloth they replaced.
My last commercial flight was on USAirways, it’s been a while, the guy in the seat in front of me leaned back and hit my knees. I yelled ouch loudly enough that the FA put me in first class.
To solve this airlines suck issue I bought a 50 year old antique 4 seat single engine plane of my own. My old seats are far more comfortable but a trip to the lav requires a landing.

My 50 year old 160mph cruiser. I hate airlines.

Attachments

• 1A552048-2AED-443A-AB15-5A4801C40858.jpeg
    1A552048-2AED-443A-AB15-5A4801C40858.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
Are you able to get lots flight hours on her?
Brought it home on January 21, 2022 in -25*c weather. On Feb 2, 2022 I paid for a new IFR panel, still waiting on 1 GPS COM radio, only 3 months late now.
We have flown 60 hours since it came home. Flys great, rides nice. I have a GoPro mount for the tail so we can see the wings and what we are overflying. It’s a great deal of fun.
My walls came last week and new seats will be here soon. After that and the speed mods hopefully 170 mph in comfort and style.

Love the Pipers. We have three pipers available at our airport:

1974 PA28-151 Warrior

1972 PA-28-151 Warrior

1969 PA-28-140 Cherokee

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
Hersey Bar Wings
My Arrow will get 36 inches more wing span this January during annual. Wingtip landing lights and they claim 6 mph extra. Knots-2-U parts.
I have all LED lights a high compression engine so we fly 22” 2400 RPM at 6500-9500 feet gets us in the yellow. I would like to go to less RPM but I have red line 2100-2350 RPM.
It gets 2 G5’s, an Otto Pilot interface, Garmin G 355 GPS COM (maybe) if it shows. JPI Junior Flight Engineer Panel.

I'm sick for the 4th time in the last 12 months. Caught on JetBlue 2 weeks ago, mama has a 104 fever! Flying the airlines is getting painful for me. I'd fly my plane N-S more often, but the weather never cooperates.
Planes are a disease spreading tube. Even I know how the Airliners ventilate [air flow].

I'm sick for the 4th time in the last 12 months. Caught on JetBlue 2 weeks ago, mama has a 104 fever! Flying the airlines is getting painful for me. I'd fly my plane N-S more often, but the weather never cooperates.
Fly the way I do, weather will never bother you again. I close my eye and let Piper Otto Control III do it all. Only issue with that is Otto likes to turn right all the time.
I will make a recommendation for a compound that will lessen your symptoms when I get home in a few hours. I can’t spell it. I went to a Big 10 School.

Back