New Auto Zone oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Zone is updating their oil racks on the 12th and they have some new products to the store. One of the new products is an Auto Zone branded motor oil in a bright orange bottle. The retail is 1.99 on this oil per qt. I looked all over for any labeling indicating who produces this oil, but only found the Auto Zone distribution info. I imagine it's produced by Warren Unilube, but that's just a guess. Does anyone know for certain?

they used to have that orange AutoZOne branded oil in the past. It sold so badly that most store's wrote it off and gave it away to Commerial accounts either free for a penny a quart.

The stores around here all still sell it.
dunno.gif

Didn't the Advanced Auto Parts store brand oil produced by WPP turn in a pretty weak VOA some time back?

Are you sure it's the orange bottle Auto Zone branded oil and not the Valucraft brand? Two guys who have over 10 years experience at Auto Zone both told me that they haven't seen this oil before. Perhaps it's regional.

When a product is brand-spanking new like this, it's best to read the label & ask the manufacturer/bottler these questions. Write down the info on the jug - then go to an internet Google-type search site for a place to send emails or telephone.

Hi! Autozone employee here, i'll tell ya what i know. Autozone orange bottles seem like they will be replaced by coastal. Royal purple has been added, as well as shell oil. We ditched ALOT of oil, heres what is no longer avaible, Durablend 5w20, All weights of mobil clean 7500, all weights of valvoline maxlife full syn, all mobil clean high mil, all pennzoil suv syn blend, all Q high rpm, and Autozone oil in the gallon jugs. I do know we will start selling 5 qt. jugs in some oils.

Quote:

When a product is brand-spanking new like this, it's best to read the label & ask the manufacturer/bottler these questions. Write down the info on the jug - then go to an internet Google-type search site for a place to send emails or telephone.

Yes, normally this would be good advice, but the bottle did not reveal a manufacturer/bottler only the fact that it was "distributed by AutoZone, Memphis TN" which I already knew since it was AutoZone branded.

I mentioned this in my original post. I was just curious if anyone had some knowledge. But, now I know that it's probably replacing the Coastal branded oil since all the tags on the oil rack now say "AutoZone/Coastal" oil.

Quote:

Hi! Autozone employee here, i'll tell ya what i know. Autozone orange bottles seem like they will be replaced by coastal. Royal purple has been added, as well as shell oil. We ditched ALOT of oil, heres what is no longer avaible, Durablend 5w20, All weights of mobil clean 7500, all weights of valvoline maxlife full syn, all mobil clean high mil, all pennzoil suv syn blend, all Q high rpm, and Autozone oil in the gallon jugs. I do know we will start selling 5 qt. jugs in some oils.

Royal Purple hasn't been added here. Not all Auto Zone's carry the exact same products.

Its been added in Daytona, Fl along with the Orange bottles of AZ oil. But, I want to know what they are going to do with all the oil they took off the shelves that they litterally have in a pile in the middle of the store, that they tell me isnt going on clearance.

Panzerman, it gets boxed up and goes back on a recall on truck day. Some stores are much slower to recall items than others while some stores leave product behind. Eventually, some of the left behind oil will go on clearance (this is why some people found QS SUV oil for next to nothing while most stores had none in stock). There isn't a planogram for clearance oil. It goes back to the main distribution center.

I'll get prices on the stuff that's going back and see if it is on clearance. I'll check tomorrow.

A lot of the recalled oil actually goes back to the district distribution center. Many of these DCs have oil trailers. I'm sure some of it sits there for a while before it's sent back to the REALLY BIG warehouse.

I'll get the price skinny on the stuff coming off the shelves for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back