Beyond Warren Oil Company... Any white label oil producers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by bbhero
How about you answer it ???

Instead of talking junk about the other answers...

lol.gif

Hey now, I did answer it, see my first response in this thread
grin.gif

Good job man.... I was just messing with ya...

Hope you had a good day today man.

Originally Posted by askani79705
Milesyn

MileSyn is made by Miles Lubricants which in turn is owned by Reliance Fluid Tech. Reliance has 10+ pages in the API database.

I also came across the list of member companies of the ILMA..all the usual suspects are there like Valvoline, Lucas, Amsoil, Amalie, both Warren's and many more I've never heard of. It's a pretty long list and links back to each companies website, so that's cool. Keep in mind a company can own other lubricant companies making oil under the same license (like we see with Miles/Reliance) so I don't know how you'd ever be able to tell exactly "how many" there are in N. America without spending countless hours doing license cross checking, LLC- dba searches etc.

Miles Lubricants

Reliance Fluid Tech - API licensed brands

ILMA Members List

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nthach
There's an outfit called Amtecol who's popular with the shops here in NorCal but their marketing and packaging leaves much to be desired.

I see the occasional used Amtecol container at the parts store I work at. Their packaging does look crappy lol.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
AMEN!!

35.gif
36.gif

Hey you too. I gave the only tangible answer to that question in this thread.

I know. Just having fun was all. We seem to be having "new folks " asking same questions over and over. Like living Groundhog Day nonstop
wink.gif

Maybe the OP is looking at getting into the engine oil business, creating and selling his own brand, and he needs a reputable but cheap supplier....

Originally Posted by dogememe
Amalie is another big one. And Omni, who makes O'Reilly oil.

Omni use to blend Stihl bar and chain oil.

I know Omni has been around a long time. Way back when Texaco was still operating out of Charleston, SC I use to load up barrels of some type of oil, and take them to Omni in Louisiana.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Maybe the OP is looking at getting into the engine oil business, creating and selling his own brand, and he needs a reputable but cheap supplier....

Ive heard that Napa house Oil was basically just Valvoline. Instead of buying the Valvoline name, maybe the Napa oil would be a cheaper option.

SImply put, I just don't necessarily pay for the brand name/ marketing.

You can buy quality oils (Supertech) for $15-20 for a 5-quart bottle. Trust me, I'm all for saving money when I can but I'm not sweating over $5 twice a year looking for a lower-cost oil. I buy the oil I've come to like and can always catch it on sale for under $25 (closer to $22 in fact).

Originally Posted by ad244
Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Ive heard that Napa house Oil was basically just Valvoline. Instead of buying the Valvoline name, maybe the Napa oil would be a cheaper option.

SImply put, I just don't necessarily pay for the brand name/ marketing.

The Rural King oil is cheaperthan ST oil and I believe its Warren Oil out of Dunn NC

... The Rural King oil is cheaper than ST oil and I believe its Warren Oil out of Dunn NC
Could be. It definitely was in the non-so-distant past, but in between, it was made by Citgo. Rural King may switch suppliers occasionally based on price and availability.

People often confuse the two Warrens, as we see in this thread, once again.

Originally Posted by CR94
... The Rural King oil is cheaper than ST oil and I believe its Warren Oil out of Dunn NC
Could be. It definitely was in the non-so-distant past, but in between, it was made by Citgo. Rural King may switch suppliers occasionally based on price and availability.

People often confuse the two Warrens, as we see in this thread, once again.

As of now the HK oil is Warren. There are few CITGO made jugs of HK left at my Rural King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back