New Aussie Racetrack - the Bend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, lots of other stuff there, and the main circuit can be changed to several configurations. Pity about Sky buying up V8 Supercars...in their panic of declining suckers willing to pay, they have stopped any streaming as well. Just something else I used to follow now.

It's a brand new world class racetrack. I stopped at it 2 weeks ago on my way home to Melbourne from Adelaide. It looks good.

Rumour has it they will be taking Superbikes from Philip Island.

They also do trackdays for your own car and Champions Ride days do bike trackdays.

I plan on doing a day in my E55 one day.

I like it, looks really cool. Will be nice to see it when the Supercars are there. The SuperView is working nicely for those of us in the US.

Garak

What is that new (relatively) track in BC that I think is a "country club" sort of organization? I heard about it, maybe because JV was involved, and then nothing. Do you know more?

I'll have to do some thinking and remembering. I was looking at a site out that way a while back, and the fees were pretty astronomical, too. I'll see if I can remember which one it is and find a link.

Yep. That's it. Nice layout. Oh, and look, "only a short 45 minute drive from Penticton".
08.gif

They don't show the membership prices any longer. They were pretty staggering at one time, and I doubt they got better. They want to give you a heart attack by email only, not by casual browsing, I suppose.

It's still on there but now contained in the membership agreement. I don't have it up right now but I think it said $45K membership fee upfront and $3K a month + some other things. That's from my memory so God help you if you rely on it. It said the recurring charges will go up as phase two (buildings I guess) comes online. And, as I said, "it's only a short 45 minute drive from Penticton". Heck, you can't get any more convenient than that! (yes I'm belaboring that because it strikes me funny. You gotta love marketing).

Cheers

Larry

I'll trust your memory, since I remember it being high, though not the amounts.
wink.gif
With respect to travelling around that area, it's not too terribly inconvenient, at least by some standards. But yes, Penticton is an odd reference point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back