New 4l80e puzzles for Clinebarger

Hey Chris,

You can count on me to bring up direct questions never asked or answered so :

1---The standard plastic thrust washer under most stock pumps is size _??
2--Based on pump resurfacing what is the guideline for pump thickness with thrust washer thickness?

I can find front and rear endplay specs but no info on selective plastic thickness or even where to start when using machined different parts--Hit me with the facts-much appreciated.--Vger

Machining the pump doesn't affect endplay.....Unless you machined the pad the selective thrust rides or the back of the pump cover which would be weird.

Start with the original washer & measure front unit endplay....Then you can select a new washer off the nominal thicknesses.

XdgmcVj.jpg

Understood, Yet 99% of builders say never use these plastic washers to set upper end play, They recommend using thicker washers at the forward hub ,so the question is which selective from your list should be used if the original is lost? thanks in advance.

Brown is what comes stock most of the time, Long as you don't go thicker than the thickest OE selective....You're good. They mean not to shim more than the Black selective.

Excellent--Any harm in going with the lesser if needed? Say the Stack up works out perfectly using the red instead of the thicker brown-Any concerns ? Thanks for helping thousands of builders.

Back