New .338 Lapua rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
grin.gif

The mount showed up today, scope is on!
More pics!

OK, let me see if I can stage a few. I've snapped a couple of it sitting on the bed but am not overly happy with them.

That looks fantastic!! I'm sure we'll enjoy any pictures you have with the scope mounted. I remember the pics of the scope, it was [censored] on its own, i can't wait to see it mounted on the beast.

Originally Posted By: billt460
And by the way, that's a he!! of a rifle!!
11.gif

Yes indeed! Something that I think we can all agree on.

OVERKILL- I would love to see some video of that thing in action.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
That does look like fun! That long range shooting course sounds good too.

Yeah, and Rob and crew keep making it more enticing, as they are adding onto it and improving it constantly. If you haven't checked out their facebook page I'd highly recommend doing so, it is a VERY impressive setup out there.

If you want to go out shooting one weekend that we are going, just let me know, I don't think my buddy would have any problem with you tagging along.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
That does look like fun! That long range shooting course sounds good too.

Yeah, and Rob and crew keep making it more enticing, as they are adding onto it and improving it constantly. If you haven't checked out their facebook page I'd highly recommend doing so, it is a VERY impressive setup out there.

If you want to go out shooting one weekend that we are going, just let me know, I don't think my buddy would have any problem with you tagging along.

That would be good too. All I've got right now are some pitching wedges, 20g slug gun and a .22lr PM me next time your going though, I also know a guy that's into long range shooting, he's even been a canadian national service rifle champion. I'll contact him and see if he's interested in getting in touch with you if you like.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
OK, don't mind the messy bed:

CDX3305.jpg

Now that is an awesome looking combination!
smile.gif

The scope mount is pretty freakin' sweet too BTW, quite impressed with it.

Originally Posted By: billt460
A rifle like that deserves a much better Bi-Pod than that Caldwell. Perhaps something like this:

https://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php

What are your thoughts on the LRA vs the Atlas? I'm being recommended the LRA in far greater numbers but they are limited availability and only one model is available in Canada.

Had her out to the range last weekend, bought some Hornady Match 285's to break it in, along with some reloads and some S&B 250's. The brake makes my little 225gr reloads kick like my .308, however those Hornady rounds had a real wallop to them; far more of a kick to the shoulder than the 250's.

The Hornady's were over $100 for a box of 20, so I won't be buying those regularly. Have to get some more reloaded.

Had her out to the range last weekend, bought some Hornady Match 285's to break it in, along with some reloads and some S&B 250's. The brake makes my little 225gr reloads kick like my .308, however those Hornady rounds had a real wallop to them; far more of a kick to the shoulder than the 250's.

The Hornady's were over $100 for a box of 20, so I won't be buying those regularly. Have to get some more reloaded.

OVERKILL, I know you love the .338 Lapuas, but our buddy Clevy had mentioned that there is a bigger gun than it, do you knos which one he may have been talking about? (I do forget)

There are plenty of cartridges larger than the .338LM such as the .416 Cheytac, the .50BMG....etc.

The .338 Lapua Magnum was a purpose-built long-range precision rifle cartridge. With excellent ballistics and long range capability, it is subsequently used by special forces all over the world. This cartridge currently holds the world record long distance kill shot as well as many others on the list.

This particular rifle is currently used by the French Special Forces as well as in trials with the Canadian SF, US SF....etc.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Are you a 1,000 + yard shooter? Paper or what?

Working on it. Only got into shooting somewhat seriously a few years ago and my buddy's range is a 220/100 split with roughly 500 yards combined if we shoot end to end. I have a friend that has a genuine 1,000 yard spot that I will hopefully be taking this new rig out to shoot at relatively soon. There are no 1,000 yard ranges around where I live so to go that far out you are into a bit of a drive.

I generally punch paper, yes. But also shoot random junk like phones, hard drives, fire extinguishers, propane tanks.....etc. Whatever we have lying around.

I generally punch paper, yes. But also shoot random junk like phones, hard drives, fire extinguishers, propane tanks.....etc. Whatever we have lying around.

LOL I shot quite a bit of junk too. Master locks, a few old watches, etc. Bowling pins and bowling balls are fun if you can get them. I'd love to see what a 338 LM does to a bowling ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back