New .338 Lapua rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Rifle arrived today! Unfortunately the scope mount wasn't with it....
frown.gif
That should be here Thursday. Thing looks freakin' awesome!
Range report ASAP !!!

frown.gif

Nice! Read up on lapping the scope rings if you haven't already done so. Especially if you plan on installing a good scope on that beast.

frown.gif

Pics????

OK, I'll post a couple but it has no scope on it at the moment so it is not in "full awesome" mode yet, LOL!
wink.gif

OK, I'll post a couple but it has no scope on it at the moment so it is not in "full awesome" mode yet, LOL!
wink.gif

Scope or no scope, doesn't matter to me!

Nice! I like that muzzle break. I bet it will be a pleasure to shoot. Do you plan on any 1 mile shoots with it?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Nice! I like that muzzle break. I bet it will be a pleasure to shoot. Do you plan on any 1 mile shoots with it?

My intention is to eventually attend the Rob Furlong Marksmanship Academy, which now has a 2km range, so yes.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
who makes the muzzle brake?
nice bro!

Same company that makes the rifle, as well as the scope mount (which should be here today!!!) which is CADEX Defence out of Quebec. Their customer service is PHENOMENAL BTW, I HIGHLY recommend them and their products if one can get past the price tag.

On that note, a comparable PGW rifle is actually more expensive, so by that metric the CADEX is a relative bargain.

The reason they are able to be less expensive is that they make almost everything themselves. They make their own triggers, the entire chassis, not sure about the action, and the barrels are sourced from Bartlein. The brake they make in-house, the scope mounts....etc. They recently built a whole new, and much larger manufacturing facility too and have numerous government contracts to provide precision rifles for Special Forces and the like so the economy of scale plays in there as well.

Originally Posted By: billt460
A rifle like that deserves a much better Bi-Pod than that Caldwell. Perhaps something like this:

https://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php

Oh yes, I know. The Caldwell was just a carry-over from the Savage. I haven't decided on what I'm going with yet but the Atlas is on the list. I will probably solicit some further advice from my contact at CADEX on that front as well, as he's been an incredible help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back