New 2020 Nissan Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Titan has never been lacking in horsepower or torque, but Nissan decided to revise its 5.6-liter V-8 to squeeze even more out of it. The lone engine option now makes 400 horsepower (up 10) and 413 lb-ft of torque (up 19). The V-8 also now pairs with a nine-speed automatic transmission, which replaces the seven-speed unit that was used before. While we've always been complimentary of the Titan's standard powertrain, Nissan says the added power and new partnership should make the half-ton pickup accelerate quicker and improve throttle response."

Link

I'm liking the styling update. The proportions are much more appropriate now. What's the word on the 9 speed, all new? In house? I agree on the Cummins, it was marketed poorly and missed the mark on some numbers but I had the chance to drive one and really liked it.

Originally Posted by panthermike
I'm liking the styling update. The proportions are much more appropriate now. What's the word on the 9 speed, all new? In house? I agree on the Cummins, it was marketed poorly and missed the mark on some numbers but I had the chance to drive one and really liked it.

I don't know they didn't say. I assume JATCO?

Originally Posted by IGotYourBack
The Titan visually is starting to grow on me, as of recent. Priced in line with Ram trucks, but like the frontier...the competition has better offerings.
Ram goes 25% off MSRP regularly. 400 HP out of a overhead cam (I assume) 5.6L V8? Yawn! They should slap that mill in the Frontier, now we're talking!

New titan is looking a lot better. However if you also checked out the specs on the new super duty fords, the titan suddenly looks way behind again. Sign me up for an F250 Tremor over a Titan if i was buying a 2020 truck.

Originally Posted by buster
"The Titan has never been lacking in horsepower or torque, but Nissan decided to revise its 5.6-liter V-8 to squeeze even more out of it. The lone engine option now makes 400 horsepower (up 10) and 413 lb-ft of torque (up 19). The V-8 also now pairs with a nine-speed automatic transmission, which replaces the seven-speed unit that was used before. While we've always been complimentary of the Titan's standard powertrain, Nissan says the added power and new partnership should make the half-ton pickup accelerate quicker and improve throttle response."

Link

All they did was use the Infiniti tune. It's been the same tune since 2011. It will need premium for the
400hp/ 413 ft lbs specs. Nissans says it will still make 390hp / 394 ft lbs on regular.

The 9 speed Transmission is Nissan in house.

Originally Posted by Anthony
Originally Posted by buster

Link

All they did was use the Infiniti tune. It's been the same tune since 2011. It will need premium for the
400hp/ 413 ft lbs specs. Nissans says it will still make 390hp / 394 ft lbs on regular.

Plus you would have to rev your truck at 6,000 rpm to get the full 400 hp.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
It's a darn shame about losing the Cummins option. I've never driven one, but more competition is always better than less. Oh well.

The specs on that Cummins diesel were not that great. The major complaints on the Titan boards was the truck drank A LOT of DEF fluid. As with anything else-they didn't sell enough trucks with that option. Most took the big V8 instead.

It's a darn shame about losing the Cummins option. I've never driven one, but more competition is always better than less. Oh well.

double post

Last edited:

I test drove a Cummins equipped Titan soon after they reached dealer lots and it was pretty underwhelming...competition is good only if it's actually competitive lol. The idea of it is cool though I must admit.

It wouldn't be my choice for a full size truck. Despite having a Frontier, I'm not the biggest fan of Nissan vehicles.

Originally Posted by 02SE
The 'T' everywhere is a little overdone, IMO.

Not just this one … Overdone pickups R us … the lines, obnoxious fender vents, more & more freaking chrome … Starting to look like Christmas trees on 20" wheels

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by 02SE
The 'T' everywhere is a little overdone, IMO.

Not just this one … Overdone pickups R us … the lines, obnoxious fender vents, more & more freaking chrome … Starting to look like Christmas trees on 20" wheels

So true.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Anthony

The 9 speed Transmission is Nissan in house.

Well, hope it's as good or better than the 7spd. We really like the 7 in our Armada.

[ Well, hope it's as good or better than the 7spd. We really like the 7 in our Armada.

I think that whole Titan/Armada V8 and 7spd powertrain has always been a good one. The only complaints I've ever read of are poor fuel economy. IMO, people have expectations for this V8 powered trucks.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back