New 2009 F-150 - new oil dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hal
nope. That is a car I just got off craigslist for $100.

maybe you should be more specific in the future you may confuse people and we dont want that to happen
LOL.gif

anyway....

tvsjr: you would be just fine with M1 also. If you like that oil then by all means use it. But it does cost more, and if you aren't extending drain intervals it may be unnecessary to spend the extra $$. What about Motorcraft full synthetic?

Originally Posted By: lazaro
Originally Posted By: hal
nope. That is a car I just got off craigslist for $100.

maybe you should be more specific in the future you may confuse people and we dont want that to happen
LOL.gif

Maybe you should promote your multi level marketed "nothing is better" oil on your own thread....
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Amsoil is not bad oil, I like the site sponsors. Some of the non sponsor proponets can get a little annoying.
When youy are told that your input is not welcome and you keep posting in the thread do you actually think this is a persuasive method of making a point? Or perhaps maybe you could be alienating people.

Last edited:
I have personally seen numerous motor opened up from Ford and the failures are from injectors mainly causing a Hydro. But other than that the only other problem I have seen is oil seals on the valves at 200K. When those motors are opened up they are basically spotless on 5K oil changes with Motorcraft oil and filters. Crosshatch clearly visible. Nothing like a 200K motor and replace the valve seals as it run like a TOP.

They basic spec from Ford is just about perfect as far as I can tell.

Great engineering on those motors especially now the sparkplugs are fixed.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
I have personally seen numerous motor opened up from Ford and the failures are from injectors mainly causing a Hydro. But other than that the only other problem I have seen is oil seals on the valves at 200K. When those motors are opened up they are basically spotless on 5K oil changes with Motorcraft oil and filters. Crosshatch clearly visible. Nothing like a 200K motor and replace the valve seals as it run like a TOP.

They basic spec from Ford is just about perfect as far as I can tell.

Great engineering on those motors especially now the sparkplugs are fixed.

Yup, and now the oil changes have been raised to 7500 miles for normal service.

The cost of ownership just keeps getting lower and lower.

Use MoCraft 5-20 and MoCraft filters for your 5k OCI's.

At 35k miles/year, consider yearly air, fuel, and trans filter changes (MoCraft of course!)

If you keep all your receipts and records, you will have no problem finding a buyer for your truck after 5-6 years.

Other considerations....

Consider Valvoline Maxlife 5-30 when you hit 75k miles.

NAPA has excellent NAPA Gold filters made by WIX.

A site sponser http://www.fleetfilter.com sells the complete line of NAPA Gold (WIX) filters. I have no affiliation with them, but have bought from them and satisfied.

to the OP
06.gif
I post all I want within the rules.

ORLY?

Originally Posted By: Teh_Rules
7. Members agree that the use of this forum to further the propagation of “spam” in any way, to flood, to advertise without permission,

"To advertise without permission." You're spamming by posting how wonderful a certain product, which you sell, is... in a thread where you know good and well that the person asking for advice has zero interest in Amsoil.

So, again, I say: GTFO, lazaro. No one wants to hear your mindless Amsoil drivel!

I posted a thread in the oil filter section about some crud that M1 5w20 cleaned out of my 5.4L in my Expedition. It definitely was not run with MC and an MC filter for most of its life. It has TDT 5w40 in it currently, but I have no complaints about how it ran on the 5w20 either.

Wow! I just looked at this thread again. I thought the OP questions and his decision was confirmed six pages ago. Can't believe this thing is still going.

One very common issue with the 5.4L is failing coil packs. Not sure if someone else covered that yet or not? Too many pages to go back and look.

My Brother had a 99 F350 SD w/ 5.4L and now has a 2006 F250 SD w/ 5.4L. Both trucks around 50K started losing the coil packs. We have had to replace 3 so far on the 06 already and he replaced all of them on the 99 by the time he sold it with 140K. All 3 on his 06 have gone withing a 7K range( 48K - 55K ). Not sure if anything has been changed for 09?

Have a friend with a 07 Expedition w/ 5.4L and he has done 2 coil packs. When the coil pack goes the plugs get fouled and need replacing too which is a PITA on the 5.4L. They weld themselves in there plus you need a thin walled socket to get way down in there to get them. The holes fill up with crud that takes forever to clean out before you dare remove the plug. You don't wnt that crud getting into the cylinder when the plug is pulled. On the SD's anyway it is very hard to get in there to see down in the hole to make sure it is all out as well.

5.4L is a very durable motor however. I just am not impressed with the ignition system.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
One very common issue with the 5.4L is failing coil packs. Not sure if someone else covered that yet or not? Too many pages to go back and look.

My Brother had a 99 F350 SD w/ 5.4L and now has a 2006 F250 SD w/ 5.4L. Both trucks around 50K started losing the coil packs. We have had to replace 3 so far on the 06 already and he replaced all of them on the 99 by the time he sold it with 140K. All 3 on his 06 have gone withing a 7K range( 48K - 55K ). Not sure if anything has been changed for 09?

Have a friend with a 07 Expedition w/ 5.4L and he has done 2 coil packs. When the coil pack goes the plugs get fouled and need replacing too which is a PITA on the 5.4L. They weld themselves in there plus you need a thin walled socket to get way down in there to get them. The holes fill up with crud that takes forever to clean out before you dare remove the plug. You don't wnt that crud getting into the cylinder when the plug is pulled. On the SD's anyway it is very hard to get in there to see down in the hole to make sure it is all out as well.

5.4L is a very durable motor however. I just am not impressed with the ignition system.

One (#8) went bad on mine the week I bought it. It made itself known when the thermostat was replaced. When the engine was running cooler, it was not misbehaving.

Touch-wood, the others are all original. Heat seems to be the biggest enemy. Plugs in mine are all original still.....

Originally Posted By: tvsjr
Yes that answer is much better.
it is full of misunderstanding and sheer terror of the unknown.

Lazaro - just go away. I don't like Amsoil, I've never liked Amsoil, and I wouldn't give them a dime if every engineer on the planet said their oil would make my motor last 500K and extend parts of my anatomy by two inches. It's a principle thing - I don't like the way the company does business.

In short - shoo, troll.
2 inches!!! I would use it

Originally Posted By: Steve S
2 inches!!! I would use it

Yeah, but the 5,000 mile UOA would be painful...
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back