Neutra or Techron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can buy Techron and Neutra at about the same cost, which would work best? I plan on using it to clean the fuel system on a Ford 4.6 truck, and a Ford 3.8. I also read that Neutra can be added to the crank case to clean sludge. I 'MAY' do that at a later time. However, price being the same $2.15 a bottle, which would you guys suggest as a fuel additive / system cleaner? Thanks.

//AG

If that price is for Techron Concentrate, the choice is probably a push. If you're looking at Techron Fuel System Cleaner, go with the Neutra.

Schaeffer's #131 Neutra works very well in the crankcase (or manual or automatic transmission or other gearbox or hydraulic system) at a ratio of 1 oz. per quart of oil (12 oz in an automatic). Drive for 400-500 miles and change the oil and filter.

I use two 12 oz. bottles of Neutra--ounce per quart in the crankcase and the remainder in a full tank of gas. The engine may run rough for a short time while the heavy cleaning is going on, then it'll run better than before

Ken

Hi,
Techron is an excellent product and I'm not an "additive" user
Porsche first recommended Techron for their cars in the early 1990s and I have used it ever since in a variety of vehicles.
The first dose in my MY89 928S4 really changed the way it performed
I dose my Subaru Outback, Porsche and BMW Z3 2.8 about every 8000 kms
It certainly makes a difference

Regards
Doug Hillary
Airlie Beach - Tropical North Queensland - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back