Neutra / Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a "which is better" question. I just want to know if they accomplish the same thing. That is to clean the crank case. Simply put, are these products similar in their purpose?

Yes.

Here's the tech data for Neutra...note that #292 is the same product as #131 but packaged in gallons.
http://www.schaefferoil.com/data/292.htm

And Auto-Rx.
http://www.auto-rx.com/

Auto-Rx seems to have the advantage of reconditioning seals if you have leakage. Neutra has the advantage of price, and can also be used in fuel.

Both products also work well in automatic and manual transmissions, power steering, dirty differentials, although the amounts of each vary.

Ken

Terry

Member # 9

posted June 09, 2003 01:03 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can't speak to the composition of Auto-RX as I am under secrecy due to testing it.

I can say that it uses nothing but biodegradeable ester technology. No nitrogen,chlorine,no phos,no boron,or sulfur etc.
Lubricity of host oil is enhanced while cleaning is taking place, something I have never see in a fully formulated oil.

Frank

Member # 34

posted June 12, 2003 08:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How It Works.

Rick20
Member # 196

posted June 12, 2003 04:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto-Rx is more than just a cleaner. Sure it is sold and marketed as a cleaner. However its made up, primarily, of three esters. One being a naturally occuring fatty alcohol, esterified, which serves as the primary cleaning component of varnish and combustion contaminants. It also contains a polyol ester and an aliphatic ester in it formulation. These little animals were added to give the product properties of enhanced ep and a foundation resistant to oxidation. These are good properties to be added to the package when cleaning a motor. One of the secondary esters is primarily used in aircraft lubrication, the other is a chlor free, phos free, boron free, friction reducer, primarily used in metal fabrication, be it stamping, machining, to keep friction down when heat can be the difference in a good part and the scrap bucket. These are a couple of good allies when removing third party abrasives from your motor. Drive on.
Posts: 62 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged |

NO these two products are not similar in purpose.
These posts speak volumes about uniqueness of
Auto-Rx a biodegradeable metal cleaning compound.

.Rick20
Member # 196

posted June 13, 2003 12:40 PM

I think that the red varnish circles from the crytokid were a result of poor exhaust valve seal. To me they look like the effect of incomplete combustion deposits that made the perfect circles above the exhaust valves, on the valve cover. My thinking is that the seals or the exhaust valves themselves are the culprit in the defined markings on the valve covers. To correct this situation, the exhaust valves need to fuction properly. Until this occurs, the circular marks will continue. I'm only looking at pictures, but to me it looks like alot of heat caused these marks, ala poor valve seal. My guess is that ARX will help the valve seals, then putting the problem into a potential cleaning mode. If the valves are bad, the problem will continue and is likely that the seals are shot. Polymer seals will only hang in there for a short while if the actuals valves are not sealing during the exhaust stroke.
Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged |

If you would like to wade through a rather lengthy but complete discussion on Auto-Rx vrs Neutra suggest you look at this thread: Auto-Rx vrs Neutra
My opinion is that Auto-Rx will do well to throughly clean accumulation of contaminants. And by adding a small maintenance dose you will get ongoing, continuous protection.

quote:

Originally posted by A. Guy:
This isn't a "which is better" question. I just want to know if they accomplish the same thing. That is to clean the crank case. Simply put, are these products similar in their purpose?

I used Auto-RX in my engine to clean it. I did three cleanings. The oil never really turned extremely black or anything like that, but I noticed after the first cleaning that the oil filter seemed like it had been getting plugged. I own a Saturn SL2.

Just to be on the safe side, I used Neutra in the oil to see if the oil turned dark and if there was any sludge still in the engine. I did not use Auto-RX and the Neutra at the same time. The oil stayed extremely clean for hundreds of miles.

My best guess is that either Auto-RX or Neutra will clean an engine. I believe that there had been some, but not a lot, of sludge in my engine, even though I was changing oil every 3000 miles (or less). The Neutra confirmed that the engine was clean.

I like that you can use a maintenance dose of Auto-RX to keep the engine clean. I also like that apparently Auto-RX will stop or prevent seal leakage (I had some seal leakage, but it seemed to stop after I used the Auto-RX). When I changed my oil I put in Schaeffer's Oil with 3 oz. of Auto-RX. I will use 3 oz. of Auto-RX every oil change and I will probably do a 12 oz. cleaning with Auto-RX every 25,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back