Neighbors who constantly park in front of my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact; Drug dealers DO rent/buy in NICE neighborhoods for just reason of being in NICE neighborhoods so nobody notices.
Stand outside and take pictures of cars.
Put up a security sign with 2 fake or real security cameras. Have them pointed so they get full view of your front yard from crossing angles. If they are bad guys, it won't be long before they pull up stakes and leave.
Call the Police and report suspicious activities. "Officer, Why would he be carrying a big bag of oregano?".
There are other ways...

I agree with what most said....mow and trim away. Rebar could end up being a liability if a kid were to fall off a bike on it. Reflectors will only cause them to park further out on the street.

Heavy yard debris is probably the only effective thing at this point. Neighbors likeyours won't be open to discussions.

Country living has detriments too.....we get to listen to obnoxious dirtbike exhaust at all hours of the day/night in the field next ot us...I've tried to reason with them but to no avail. Luckily, we have a target range on our property and I have more ammo than they have gasoline. I shoot for about 1/2 hour or so at a time maybe twice a month but these kids are out there everyday.....i've warned them that my noise may start at 5AM if they don't quiet down at a resonable hour in the very near future.

I vote for the large stones as well. They can look real nice in some yards.

It's a more permanent way of dealing with that problem that may be ongoing for some time. It would be tiring to keep asking people over and over again...but not a permanent structure as far as potential to decrease future value of the property.

Plus it shows them you've clearly got the 'stones' to deal with the problem.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
White picket fence?

Or set a sprinkler close by and set it to turn on when they usually leave the house.

Sprinkler with a motion sensor.

I like the big rock idea, but you don't want trouble with the HOA... without seeing the HOA rules we don't know if tey would be allowed or not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
One of the many reasons I despise having neighbors. When it's time for me to buy a house,it's going to be out in the country.

I've been contemplating this as well. both sides of me are rentals right now. I remember growing up in the country and it was nice but also super inconvenient if I needed to run to the store for parts or groceries.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
put out large stone at the edge of the property and paint them black,

I would love to put out some large stones/rocks. I don't think it would be allowed by the HOA or the county. I believe that 15 feet off of the road is considered an easement. That is you don't own it but have to maintain it. So large rocks on what is basically the shoulder would be frowned upon.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Fact; Drug dealers DO rent/buy in NICE neighborhoods for just reason of being in NICE neighborhoods so nobody notices.
Stand outside and take pictures of cars.
Put up a security sign with 2 fake or real security cameras. Have them pointed so they get full view of your front yard from crossing angles. If they are bad guys, it won't be long before they pull up stakes and leave.
Call the Police and report suspicious activities. "Officer, Why would he be carrying a big bag of oregano?".
There are other ways...

Yes, the security cams pointed at their home and or vehicles is a very effective idea.

It also doesn't hurt to eye them when you are outdoors, you don't have to stare but just let them know that you are keeping an eye on them. Dope dealing scum hate it when they believe they are being watched. It makes them justifiably paranoid.LOL

I would also call the local police at least and have them do some extra patrols around your home. That combination of activity will get noticed by these annoying neighbors and at the very least they will cease their illegal activities which will likely get rid of the "extra" cars.

Last edited:
Did they ran out of space in front of their house? If not, I'd ask them about that politely and see what's the reason. They may park elsewhere (another neighbor's house) instead.

You can make it sound like the grass may get killed by the oil dripping or something like that, rather than "I don't want someone's car in front of my property".

If your local pd has any K9's have them sniff those cars real good. I live in a small suburb but we have 3 or 4 of them. Safest city in the state and nationally ranked also. 36 or 63 I forget which.
smile.gif

The k9 unit mostly sits on the highways and OH turnpike to sniff cars out.

Are they renters? Complain to the county or the owner if they are about how many people are living there.

If that doesn't work. Go over in your underwear, and ask them for rides or if you borrow their cars.

Last edited:
I have a townhouse with 5 visitor parking spots in front. Just last night a rental unit 2 doors down had 3 cars parked in there. And the rental 2 doors down the other way had 2 cars parked in there. This is normal. Seems like all the rental places have tons of cars to park.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Did they ran out of space in front of their house? If not, I'd ask them about that politely and see what's the reason. They may park elsewhere (another neighbor's house) instead.

You can make it sound like the grass may get killed by the oil dripping or something like that, rather than "I don't want someone's car in front of my property".

Well they sorta ran out of space in front of their house. If they parked normally with a few feet between cars they would be fine. However they like to have 12 feet between cars so it's "easier" to get in and out.

For those that didn't read the entire thread the OP stated that his wife explained things to these dimwits, and it didn't get through to them, no surprise of course, because like many people today they don't give a [censored] about being considerate neighbors and just do whatever they please. They only understand things that will cost them dearly.

Isn't there some city ordinance where no parked cars are allowed on the streets over night? That's how it is here and it keeps problems like this from occurring. Unless you call the police and tell them the car won't start you get a little reprieve.

Ask some Heall's Angels to go over there and tell them not to park there. You only two of them to go.

Why all the hate? It's a public street. It looks like there's plenty of room for guests to park at daddi's house if needed. I get the lawn mowing issue, but, as others have said, if the cars are parked there when you want to mow then mow as close to them as possible. Since there are several young adults hopefully they will be moving out soon anyway. Way more important stuff to worry about IMO.

Have you tried to talk to the members of the HOA and show pictures and tell them what you have tried to do to solve the problem? Ask them if you could put the big rocks or some kind of landscaping timbers out. I wouldn't do the mowing though, because if you do I would bet that you will get a bill from the insurance company for damage to their vehicles. Parking in front of their place could also be a option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back