Needing rotor brand recommendations

It's the pads, not the rotors. Get EBC Ultimax2/Blackstuff pads. They are awesome :)

You should be able to reuse the rotors with no problem. However, if you still wish to replace them, get Powerstop Geomet coated rotors or Centric Premium.
So the rotors are the issue? They are Raybestos R-Line (budget rotors)

Edit: I read that backwards lol.

Last edited:
You said the lines and fluid were replaced at the same time, so bleed your brakes again before you spend any money on new parts.
I’ll do a once over. I use ForScan to bleed at the ABS combined with my Motive Power Bleeder. I bleed until there were no bubbles even while tapping the calipers with a rubber mallet.

Yeah, I can't imagine the friction coefficient is so different on the new pads compared your old ones?
The only brakes pads I've had that didn't bite pretty much the same as the old ones instantly, were "racing" pads that did take a dedicated bedding session to get working, well atleast when they were warm, and then they bit much better!
Do you have your old pads still? maybe throw them on one side and see if they make any difference? I suspect you've got air in the system somewhere or your booster is maybe unhappy?
Vacuum is good at the booster but doesn’t hurt checking again. I pulled the vacuum line tree and inspected all of the rubber hoses and they’re good as well. The check valve also “checked out”. I unfortunately don’t have my old pads but they were Wagner Severe Duty with the same type of rotors I have now and my truck used to stop on a dime.

Hey all. I have almost 5,000 miles on my current brakes and they’re not performing well on my vehicle. I have a 2002 F150 2WD with Motorcraft Super Duty brake pads (blue) and Raybestos R-Line rotors. Even though I followed the bedding procedure, after these last 5,000 miles my brakes still take a while to stop the vehicle and I have to press down real hard to get it to come to a stop. I attribute it to the fact that the pads have a ceramic mix in them.. I also have stainless braided brake lines and the brake fluid was flushed at the same time.. I have already bought new pads (Wagner TQ’s semi-metallic) and want to buy rotors that will work well with these pads. Please help me with recommendations. Thanks!
Have you checked your brake booster? They are known to go bad in Fords. Ask me how I know...

Have you checked your brake booster? They are known to go bad in Fords. Ask me how I know...
I’ve pulled vacuum and it’s good. Did the car off brake pedal pump up test and upon starting the truck the pedal will sink halfway and not all the way to the floor. I know even though it passed those tests, there is a strong possibility that there can still be a year in the diaphragm. The other issue is all of the aftermarket brand that make boosters for my truck are not known..

Ford started making new OEM ones again for my generation of F150/Expedition/Navigator, one can assume due to the high failure rate.

Not sure about yours though. I had a 2000 F150 Supercab a while back, it was a XL with rubber floors and crank windows, manual, V6 so forth. It was crude but it was also the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. I regretted getting rid of it for a 2004 Nissan Titan. What a pile that truck was, other than the VK56DE engine. The VK was fantastic. The rest of the truck was junk. Speaking of rotors, my brakes were already pulsating by 1200 miles after I took it on a ski trip to New Mexico.

Ford started making new OEM ones again for my generation of F150/Expedition/Navigator, one can assume due to the high failure rate.

Not sure about yours though. I had a 2000 F150 Supercab a while back, it was a XL with rubber floors and crank windows, manual, V6 so forth. It was crude but it was also the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. I regretted getting rid of it for a 2004 Nissan Titan. What a pile that truck was, other than the VK56DE engine. The VK was fantastic. The rest of the truck was junk. Speaking of rotors, my brakes were already pulsating by 1200 miles after I took it on a ski trip to New Mexico.
Mine is an ‘02 which is the same as your old 2000. The 10th generation F150 is one of the most reliable ones ever built especially due to the legendary 4.6 2V engines that reigned supreme in fleet service environments. I know the body design of this generation is controversial but I love the “bubble” design that Ford moved over to from the bullnose look of the 9th generation. It was a huge leap into modern design in the late 90’s early 00’s.

Last edited:
Back