Needing another hollow bolt for frantz oil return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not given up yet I am actually getting more and more determined to get this crazy thing back on my truck. I remember many years ago there was a oil filler cap that went on the valve cover that was drilled and tapped for 1/8inch pipe. 77 Chevrolet 350 engine stock valve covers. oil filler cap has the two little tabs stick out. covers stamped with two recesses, it goes in and turns a quarter of a turn and it's locked the oil is dumped right in there. anybody ever seen those lately? I called Frantz, they are not familiar with the older version but they're going to dig around and see if they have any,,,, if they ever did. It's either that or I'm just going to pull the stupid intake manifold and drill and tap up front and shoot it right into the valley, but standing on a rotten dissolving knee is a little painful I'm just trying to avoid that. There is also the possibility of just buying one it Checker,, drilling out the rivet that holds it all together and then putting in some kind of a bulkhead fitting , that would work too I guess. Sorry for a long post, just trying to make it is understandable as possible.
Mark

Mark, I kind of remember that type of oil filler cap on my brother's 74 Camaro. You might check out Rock Auto and see if they might have one cheap.

Hi Mike. I called Frantz and they were supposed to call me yesterday but never did. I picked up intake manifold gaskets yesterday and today it is remove the intake drill and tap for the oil return. It's not a huge deal it's just not what i want to do on a brand new engine, but I do want to get things back on again. It just ticks me off that a fitting has gotten the best of me,,, kind of stupid I know. I was talking to my machinist yesterday and he said Mark just put a good Wix spin-on filter on it and call it done but he understands that I am just massive old school and like neet stuff to fiddle with.
It's below freezing, not even 5:30am yet so I'll be here at McD's staying warm for a while. LoL

Originally Posted By: beanoil
https://www.amazon.com/80250-Automatic-Transmission-Universal-Drain/dp/B00029WR78
Can you make this work?
Maybe Pirtek USA. Lots of fittings, hose connections, etc.
BP40,BP41 from Amsoil? BP89 cut down and orings to seal?

This was the ticket! I changed my mind today on pulling the intake when I saw this post from a few days ago. Checker had one for 12 bucks! Pulled the VC and in about 10 minutes the fitting was in. Number 2 exhaust rocker will be very well oiled! LOL

Here are some pics of the re-attachment. It's all done and i'm happy again,,,,I guess!

frantz1.jpg
frantz2.jpg
frantz3.jpg
frantz4.jpg
frantz5.jpg
frantz6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back