Need review for Havoline Full Synthetic CVT Fluid

Knowing the physics of the CVT, I'd always be careful to align with the manufacturers intent when it comes to lube. Even if their prices are the typical "highway robbery". You're really depending on that oil film to transfer the load. A clutch/band design is a much more forgiving in my view.

Having said that, if you go to owners forums and read that ten guys used Brand X fluid and ran 100,000 miles w/o problems, maybe you get some comfort zone.

I was just commenting that you said it met the criteria of the Honda specification. Nobody but Honda knows what their specification is so you really don’t know if it meets it or not. The best you can say is that Havoline recommends it for that application.
If that’s the case, Amsoil, Valvoline, Castrol etc…. Cvt fluid, they all say recommended for the application

I see a lot of discussions about Amsoil, and Castrol CVT fluids, but found nothing about Havoline CVT fluid.
I need reviews for Havoline CVT fluid. Is it any good?
The Havoline had decent specs and was my second choice after the Redline as it was hcf2 and had better looking specs than the Castrol. I couldn't find anyone who sold it

Back