Need recommendation for brake rotors Lexus GS 350

As the title states, I need some recommendations for front brake rotors and pads for my 2015 GS 350 AWD. I did a search of the forums and Google, but the recommended rotors don’t seem to be available for this model. Willing to go OEM if that is what’s needed, but would like to save some money if quality is equivalent.

The current brakes have 45K miles on them and the fronts are quite worn. Rear brake pads have 50% left. Looked into Elements 3 as recommended by Trav, but don’t seem to be available for this car. You help would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking for any better performance than stock and would like to keep noise and dust low, like stock.

cant go wrong with oem.
if going non-oem
RAYBESTOS element 3 series pads & rear rotors
front rotors RAYBESTOS Specialty - Street Performance (left and right have different part numbers)

I shopped many online stores for CVT fluid, crush-washers, engine and cabin air filter, wiper blade refills, and a jack for my Honda and while some others had lower prices, when you added there shipping, the one with the lowest total price was oempartsource hands down.

They list Toyota so they probably would work with Lexus. Contact them. Same parts as a dealer, lower cost.

Last edited:
Personally, I always turn OE rotors unless they are out of spec. The low cost of turning them vs. retaining the high original quality equipment is my choice. They should be able to be turned at least once w/only 45k miles on them if used reasonably.

Stay away from the Chinese ones, Duralast, Stoptech, Megascreech (sarc) and other silly brands. While these brands may be better than cheaper Chinese stuff, I've not had the greatest luck with them remaining true.

Brembo may make rotors, and Bosch (China) is probably available. But once you get to that level, the price is not much different from the OEM ones purchased at a discount.

It looks like Rock Auto can help you out. If you want Lexus, Lexus of Stevens Creek in San Jose has some of the best prices in the nation.
My car is the F Sport; it came with the Textar pads which are pretty pricey. And they squeak; no extra charge.

I appreciate all of your responses. Now I have to find out which company makes rotors for my car. Raybestos does not seem to.

Thanks!

What would you think of Raybestos Street Performance rotors and Raybestos Elements3 pads and hardware?

Not a fan of drilled or slotted rotors for daily drivers; plain rotors are best. The E3 pads are getting popular on here, though.

The street performance rotors are not slotted or drilled. Raybestos does not list an Elements3 rotor for this car, that I can find.

I confused them with the R300, sorry :oops:

It says the front rotors are different left and right, but I can't figure out what the difference is since they're plain rotors and not slotted :unsure:

The Element3 pads are listed under the purple section marked "premium"

Element3 pads and street performance rotors :)

One of the reps from Rock-Auto was on the weekend TV show Tech Garage on a show about brakes and he said that Rock-Auto sells matched sets of rotors with matched pads, that work well together with each other if you ask for them. They have people who recommend what matched sets work well together, and you can talk to them about the different qualities you want from the brakes, such as low dust, low noise, long life, high grip, and what combinations are available at what costs.

The Napa Ultra Premium coated rotors have held up good on my sisters car. They’ve been on there about a year and still look just like they did when I installed them. The Adaptive One brake pads feel great on it too. The Toyota/Lexus OEM pads and rotors are hard to beat for the money.

I put the Napa Ultra Premium rotors with adaptive one pads on my Tacoma before I traded it. The adaptive one pads had a better initial bite and feel than the OEM pads I thought, but I only put a few thousand miles on it before I traded it.

Back