Need Pressure Washer Recommendations

Look into something from Northern Tool with a Honda GX engine and a Cat pump.

^what bigdawg said.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
* What PSI / Gallons Per Minute for power washing cement sidewalks / drive ways ?

I'd say a 2600 psi unit or above should be ample.

I have a Husqvarna PW3200 pressure washer. Briggs horizontal engine.

It's done great with washing sidewalks, stripping grime off the wood deck for refinishing, etc. I also loan it out to friends just to keep it in regular use- they all give it praise. I put a shot of pump saver in it after every use, and change the oil with Pennzoil 30wt once a year and she runs great. Actually ran a magnet in the sump last oil change and little to no glitter.

It was purchased at Lowe's but it's not available on their site anymore. However, in looking just now there are a few different sellers that have them in stock.

I think the pump on mine is similar - 3100 is in the model number. It's mated to a 6.5hp predator and runs well. With the Ryobi frisbee on a stick attachment, it's far more effective than a wand and the driveway goes by pretty quickly.

Just purchase from tractor supply a Simson 3300 lb 2.4 gpm, honda engine 25' hose $399. Cleaned house and garage siding and was happy with pressure and flow. Sealed pump and had two small problems within a hour one was a pump bolt came out of the engine ,second one of the engine to cart lost one of it's nuts. Checked pump and mounting bolts tighten them.

Back