Need new Antenna mast for my Truck(suggestions)

my antenna mast is looking a little bent,old,and the paint flaked off on a 2012 Tacoma truck, was purusing the web looking at shorter, stubby and 31inch OEM replacements, any input into this cooler looking shorter versions with success in receiving both AM/FM stations, most reviews aren't good for the short stubby types and even the smaller length masts don't seem to be as good as the 31 inch oem. I would ideally like to find a 30-31 Inch flexable All terrain type but the lengths of these are 15 inch or less most of the time which surely would reduce reception IMO even where I live in the flat lands. any input or reviews would be helpful.

Depends on how far away your station towers are. I tried one of the shorter ones on my Bronco years ago and it wouldn't pick up a station I liked that was 40 miles away when I had no problem with the OE, in town stations no problem.

It’s hard to beat the physics of the thing. The longer whips have a natural advantage. Maybe you could find something in the middle - such as a 15” with the little coil in the middle, (“center loaded”) instead of the 6” nubby which has become more popular lately.

Back