Need input- 2012 Rav4 needs tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help in choosing between the Michelin Defender or Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred for my 2012 Rav4 V6. My local Toyota dealer has the buy 3 get, one free deal which makes their pricing beat anyone around. I do need good winter performance and for that reason and leaning toward the Goodyears. Anyone has experience with these tires in winter weather?

Last edited:
Is that the only tires they carry? Price it out and take the price to Discount Tire, they'll price match it.

General Altimax RT43's and Cooper CS5's are supposed to be good in snow, I live in the desert and know nothing about snow but I do know my General Altimax RT43's are great tires, I'm vey happy with them on my Camry.

Unfortunately the selection is a bit limited with the deal, those two options seemed the best of what was available. No Discount Tire in PA that I'm aware of.

General's parent company is Continental, stick with the RT43's.

Nick, I always wondered about All Season tires in the Arizona heat...

Last edited:
I just took another look at the available tires and the Continental CrossContact LX20 Ecoplus is an option and gets good reviews on Tirerack.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
I just took another look at the available tires and the Continental CrossContact LX20 Ecoplus is an option and gets good reviews on Tirerack.
I had those Continentals put on my grandmother's 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ and at 75+ mph they have a vibration. Discount Tire has balanced them 4 times, makes no difference. They even road-force balanced them. The old Michelins didn't vibrate at all but they dry rotted in 3 years.

Just installed some General Altimax's,great tires.Smooth,low rolling resistance,good handling.Decent price.

The General RT43 are passenger tires not SUV tires, hence not avail for the RAV4. That said per CR, 11-15 issue, the RT43 in snow in T speed rating are excellent and the H speed are good.

Last edited:
Those Goodyear Assurance's are good tires. I don't have experience with them in the snow but in the rain I give them 2 thumbs up.

Originally Posted By: Falken
General's parent company is Continental, stick with the RT43's.

Nick, I always wondered about All Season tires in the Arizona heat...
Basically all cars here have All Seasons, I've never thought it could be an issue? A couple times I've sat at a light and looked over and the car next to me has snow tires...

I saw some guy with studded winterforce mid-September.

Also someone with brand new blizzak ws-70's in mid august... still had stickers wearing off of them.

I'm used to almost worn out snow tires in mid summer..... figure they are finishing them off before new ones for the winter..

But brand new ones and/or studs during summer is abit odd.

somehow my actual reply to the OP was deleted when I edited:

post continues:

GY Tripletread is above average for winter for all-seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back