Tire choices for 2013 Camry XLE

Need new tires. I usually buy at BJs, as they have free rotation and road hazard repairs. The choices are not many. Current tires are BFGoodrich Advantage A/T since 2016, no longer available. BFGoodrich offers a Advantage Control, but with only $40 off. I am leaning toward Goodyear Assurance Maxlife, with $120 off, ending today. Anyone sporting this Goodyear Maxlife tires? what are your opinions on this tire? Thanks.

right and those tires you listed have below average winter traction.
I wasnt asking if you wanted a winter tire.. just traction in winter.

BJ's seems to carry 2 or 3 different "all weather" tires which are all-seasons with enhanced winter traction.

If they are still availble get a set of these. Best all around tires I've ever had.

General.jpg

Need new tires. I usually buy at BJs, as they have free rotation and road hazard repairs. The choices are not many. Current tires are BFGoodrich Advantage A/T since 2016, no longer available. BFGoodrich offers a Advantage Control, but with only $40 off. I am leaning toward Goodyear Assurance Maxlife, with $120 off, ending today. Anyone sporting this Goodyear Maxlife tires? what are your opinions on this tire? Thanks.
I have a set of the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife on essentially the exact same car (mine being a LE trim that's a year older).

My Maxlifes have over 40k on them and are wearing quite well (they were measured at 7/32 at an oil change recently, but I haven't verified this myself).

I've been quite happy with them, having gotten them at Sam's Club a year and a half ago on what's probably the same sale you're looking at (a pretty great deal for a brand-name tire with that long of a treadwear warranty). They've proven solid and inoffensive, which is what I want from this type of tire on this type of car. Snow traction seems pretty good (I don't run dedicated snow tires here in Wisconsin, so they see a fair bit of snow use), they're good in the rain, and they are honestly completely forgettable in a good way. They are quiet as well. I do prefer them to the Continental TrueContact I had on the car previously, though those were well-reviewed as well.

When it's time for another set of tires for this car, I'd grab these again in a heartbeat, particularly if I can get a similar deal again.

Thanks guys for your replies. They don't list any tires with General. I got the Goodyear weatherready. settled.
I was between the Maxlife and the Weatherready when I was shopping (due to this same sale) - I'd be interested to see what you think of them, and how long they last.

I've been using the WeatherReady for more than three years, and just bought a new set of the same to replace them. I have no complaints. They're fine in the warmer weather and very good in light to medium snow.

I haven't tried them in deep snow or ice because I do use studded winter tires during the coldest months. But I install the winter tires later and remove them earlier now because I've become confident in the WeatherReady's ability to deal with those pesky late-fall or early-spring snowstorms that usually drop only a few inches and don't involve ice.

I live in Upstate New York, where heavy snow and ice are realities of winter life. I haven't yet been persuaded to abandon my beloved studded winter tires in favor of using an all-season tire year-round -- 3PMSF or no 3PMSF. But I do have to admit that the WeatherReady tires have exceeded my expectations and may actually be "that" tire. They handle snow up to three or four inches deep as well as most winter tires that I've owned.

It's just the ice that I worry about. Some of the roads I use are really, really bad in the winter and frequently are ice-covered; so as long as studs are allowed, I'll probably keep using them during the coldest months of the year.

I had the WeatherReady on my Accord when I bought it used and swapped to winter tires shortly after as I had them already from other car. I found the WeatherReady to be much noisier than my winter tires. I wanted to try them for the next winter but sidewalls were separating cracks on tires. The Pirelli P7 I put on for 3 season are so much quieter.

GY was good for the warranty service but the replacement GY Winter Command Ultra have a slight balance issue that I brought back multiple times and will not throw more money at.

The WeatherReady rates decent overall and I have recommended as options but with the knowledge of the issues I experienced.

I had the WeatherReady on my Accord when I bought it used and swapped to winter tires shortly after as I had them already from other car. I found the WeatherReady to be much noisier than my winter tires. I wanted to try them for the next winter but sidewalls were separating cracks on tires. The Pirelli P7 I put on for 3 season are so much quieter.

GY was good for the warranty service but the replacement GY Winter Command Ultra have a slight balance issue that I brought back multiple times and will not throw more money at.

The WeatherReady rates decent overall and I have recommended as options but with the knowledge of the issues I experienced.
I agree, they're certainly not a quiet tire.

I'm going to check more often for cracks now. I haven't noticed any in three years, but I'll look more closely now. Thanks.

I bought Goodyear comfort drives and made town fair tire take them back after rebalance to correct bad shaking over 65mph. They were all out of round

Back