Need Honda TPMS relearn/programming tool recommendation

Hello,
I have an issue with an 07 CRV where my winter tires with TPMS sensors turn on my TPMS light. ABS and everything else works fine, but I understand I need to read the TPMS codes from tires and program it into the ECM on Honda and most Asian vehicles.

Please recommend me a tool that works well and will take care of this, thank you!

Hondas dont need any special tpms tool in order to relearn. It auto-learns after a few miles. You most likey have a dead battery.

Yes, I should have given more information. This is a complete set of steelies with TPMS sensors and winter tires shipped to my door by tirerack.

Factory alloys work great with TPMS. If it was going to learn, it probably would have happened by now after a couple seasons. After the first ~10 miles on the perfectly aired up snow tires the TPMS light comes on and stays on until I swap back in the spring.

Hondas dont need any special tpms tool in order to relearn. It auto-learns after a few miles. You most likey have a dead battery.
I suppose it is possible I recieved a brand new set of tpms sensors from tirerack with a dead battery but I would really hope not.

I used the Ateq quickset listed above to reprogram for my 07 honda element. I haven't used it in several years, one of the sensors died in my snow tires, so the tpms light is always on now, so I don't bother.

I recall it being a tiny bit finicky, but always worked eventually.

I suppose it is possible I recieved a brand new set of tpms sensors from tirerack with a dead battery but I would really hope not.
Double check and make sure you have the correct tpms sensors with the correct frequency for your car. They could have put on 433mhz sensors on by mistake.

Pretty much all of them. They do a self learning cycle after a few miles driving above 30mph.
you are correct in that they will relearn a sensor already programmed into the computer . the op will need to program the sensors in his new wheels to his vehicle.

you are correct in that they will relearn a sensor already programmed into the computer . the op will need to program the sensors in his new wheels to his vehicle.
Correct AFAIK, that's why I am asking for advice on what tool to buy to read the sensors names and then program them into the ECM vie the OBDII connection.

For reading the sensor codes, if you have documentation from when you got the sensors, or have the capability of breaking the bead and physically looking at the sensors, the code will be printed on there.

Alternatively, I bought an ATEQ VT30 to do exactly that, read the code from the sensors. I think they have a new version, VT31 now. So use the VT30 to read the code, then the quickset to program them into the car.

If possible, maybe take it to a tire store and have them read the snow tires codes since you only really need to do that once, and you no longer need that tool afterwards.

Double check and make sure you have the correct tpms sensors with the correct frequency for your car. They could have put on 433mhz sensors on by mistake.
According to this, they used 315MHZ sensors. I assume that is the correct one to use?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 6.45.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 6.45.19 AM.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 24
The one problem with the CRV (my daughter has an '08) is that you also can not turn off stability/traction control if the TPMS light is on. The new sensors not programmed activates the TPMS trouble light NOT the normal low tire pressure exclamation point light.

If you need to turn it off to get unstuck by spinning wheels some you are SOL.

I'll find out if I need to reprogram again soon when her summer wheels go back on. From the forums iirc it only holds the 4 sensors not 8 so you need to relearn.

My '19 Pilot reads the new ones automatically with pressure readout on dash. My '17 Accord base model has no sensors just a "recalibrate" and senses wheel speed difference if one gets low.

According to this, they used 315MHZ sensors. I assume that is the correct one to use?
I just wanted to double check, were these 315MHZ TPS sensors from my post above the correct ones for an 07 Honda, or did tirerack give me the wrong ones? TIA! :)

Try the Autel MaxiTPMS TS508. It's a TPMS activation and programming tool capable of doing OBD-II relearns. It comes with free software updates for the lifetime of the tool, as long as you program blank Autel MX-Sensors. Other than that, it can also trigger OEM, direct-fit aftermarket, and programmable TPMS sensors that are already programmed.

Back