Need Help With First battery Powered Impact Wrench : 3/8" or 1/2" ?

From the replies - it really looks like I just need a good 1/4" impact driver .

Weight gets old fast.. i have a super powerful m18 milwaukee impact in 1/2 inch. But i use my milwaukee mid power m18 1/2 inch for everything.
For your needs a mid power 3/8 would be my recomendation. Still pretty light.. but gives you some impact power for brakes or wheels or maybe front end parts if your needs go in that direction.

I've got the little 20v max XR with 150lb ft torque. It's a wonderful light weight tool (with the small bat) to do this kind of work. I also have a few 1/4 inch impacts. They are not good enough for this. They don't have the loosening power for anything more than a small bolt. And they are a pain, as sockets need an adapter. Again, I feel this size tool is ideal for what you want.

DCF890B_1.jpg

I've got the little 20v max XR with 150lb ft torque. It's a wonderful light weight tool (with the small bat) to do this kind of work. I also have a few 1/4 inch impacts. They are not good enough for this. They don't have the loosening power for anything more than a small bolt. And they are a pain, as sockets need an adapter. Again, I feel this size tool is ideal for what you want.

DCF890B_1.jpg
I have one and they are great.

Back