need advice

for a new oil filter for my 2008 F 150 FX4.....had used the Royal Purple 20-820 filter for years and was very happy .
but can't find it anywhere, tried buying one online from Summit Racing but told they're not available till end of November .
Peps stopped carrying them .....gonna pick you experts minds, which current filter should I look at.....

5.4L V8 Triton engine, just broke 91K miles - want the ADBV.....

thank you 🍻

I think most BITOGers will recommend the Fram Ultra. What OCI are you running those RP's?
If your running 7 or 8K the NAPA Gold is a good choice....or at least it used to be...It's hard to keep up with all the consolidation when Mann Hummel bought out other filter makers.

every 6 months I change the oil religiously regardless of miles (Spring + Fall)

being retired now I probably only do 5/6K miles a year

thanks

Despit the marketing claims the oil filter doesn't make enough difference in engine life for the effort it takes to think about choicers,,, unless it fails.

for a new oil filter for my 2008 F 150 FX4.....had used the Royal Purple 20-820 filter for years and was very happy .
but can't find it anywhere, tried buying one online from Summit Racing but told they're not available till end of November .
Peps stopped carrying them .....gonna pick you experts minds, which current filter should I look at.....

5.4L V8 Triton engine, just broke 91K miles - want the ADBV.....

thank you 🍻
Go to Walmart and bring a flashlight with you, look at the Fram Ultra XG2, open the package and shine the flashlight inside the oil filter and if you see silver inside the holes on the filter media, grab as many of them as you can. I originally only had 2 extra XG2's but I did pick another 1 up a few weeks ago.

Most people are most likely getting the Fram PH2 or the Tough Guard. I am good for the next 100K so I am not getting anymore oil filters.

I also have a Royal Purple oil filter that is sitting on my desk, the same 1 you are looking for.

every 6 months I change the oil religiously regardless of miles (Spring + Fall)

being retired now I probably only do 5/6K miles a year

thanks
You could do two 5/6K OCI's on a RP filter....probably the same for the Fram Ultra (even the newer version which is reputed not to be as good as the original.) If you're changing twice a year you could use the Supertech or Fram orange without issue...the Motorcraft is fine if the price is good.

I'd grab an oem Motorcraft.

I used this filter extensively in my 04 F150 with same engine as you. Since you wrote 6k a year and changed every 6 months this is what I would go with. I'm a big fan of the Fram Ultra and it's all my 15 F150 5.0 has seen. But way overkill for what you explained. Hard pressed to show any benefit of a higher end filter for this type of run.

Back