Need a replacement wheel for a Simpson pressure washer

I need a replacement wheel for my Simpson PS60842. The tire size is 4.10/3.5-4 and I can’t imagine I’d be able to change the tire and inner tube with hand tools, so I’m looking for a wheel and tire. Simpson want $70 for a pair but I only need one.

Go to Harbor Freight. They have literally dozens of these type of wheels in stock, in just about every size and width imaginable. Just take the good wheel with you and match it up as best you can.

It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as they're both the same. You can choose between pneumatic or solid as well. The wheels on my Simpson washer are 10". That should be easy to find.

Amazon also has tons of them.

Go to Harbor Freight. They have literally dozens of these type of wheels in stock, in just about every size and width imaginable. Just take the good wheel with you and match it up as best you can.

It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as they're both the same. You can choose between pneumatic or solid as well. The wheels on my Simpson washer are 10". That should be easy to find.

Amazon also has tons of them.

It’s the axel width I’m having trouble matching

The size is very common but you'll need to know the axle diameter (5/8", 3/4", etc) and the width of the bearing hub. At the very worst case scenario, Tractor Supply has the wheel/tire combo for $15 and you could swap the tire if need be assuming you can't find the exact hub match.

I need a replacement wheel for my Simpson PS60842. Simpson want $70 for a pair but I only need one.

$70.00 bucks for the pair from Simpson isn't all that bad. Not to mention you know they'll fit properly, and they'll look the same. And you won't have to mess around with trying to match axle lengths and diameters.

Plus you'll have an extra one, should this ever happen again. (Whatever it was that happened requiring a new wheel and tire).

I needed to replace the wheels on my rather large generator (500 lbs). The tires were off of the wheels and wheels were rusted up were also rusted solidly to the axle. I had to cut the axle apart with a grinder and beat the pieces of it out of the generator frame. I bought an axle (36" long) and a pair of wheels and tires from Amazon pretty cheaply. I put them on the generator and marked the excess length of the axle and then cut it off with a 4" grinder. Then drilled a hole for the pin (hitch clips) to hold the wheel on. (The other end of the axle was already drilled.) Easy Peasy and everything cost me about $50. I painted all of the steel parts well while I had it apart since the wheels and axles are sitting just above the bare (and humid) ground.

I bought solid plastic (aka "rubber") tires since this sets for long periods of time and the pheumatic tires seem to leak pretty badly. I also bought large, wide tires so that I can roll it easily even over unpaved surfaces.

The axel is grooved, on each end, to accept the retaining clip. I think it’d be much easier to find a wheel
Don't worry about the groove. Buy a longer axle (Amazon sells 36" long ones) and cut off the excess with a 4" grinder but leave about 1" beyond the wheels. Put a washer on the axle next to the wheel and then drill a small hole (abt 9/64") just outboard of the washers and use 1/8" hitch pins or cotter pins to secure the wheels and washers.

Back