Need a good-quality upholstery cleaner rec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been fighting a small stain on my driver's seat upholstery for a while now. Though the original stain disappeared, there is now a visible edge shown where the upholstery cleaner was applied. Apply more cleaner, the edge moves further out; on and on. The products I have used are your typical mass produced stuff from Walmart/O'Reillys/NAPA.

Based upon recent experiences, can anyone recommend a clearly superior upholstery cleaner? Based upon reviews, I'm leaning towards 303, though it would be nice to find something that can be purchased at one of the major retailers (instead of ordering online).

Thanks.

M_C

Whatever you use, extracting the seat is the only way to remove all of the contamination.

Have you tried the hand hose & brush on a SpotBot or similar machine. Or a car wash that has a shampoo machine. SpotBot sells regular cleaner and OXY additive.

I just finished using the normal SpotBot mode in the cargo area of my Suburban. It sure did get it clean.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the ideas. Before going out to buy something else, I "sort of" followed JHRZ2's suggestion: I tried plain old Woolite w/hot water. Guess what? Stain gone! It's sort of weird that it worked so well and much better than other products created for upholstery.

Now to find a decent seat cover that fits well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back