Need a good fluid pump for quart bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where I could find a GOOD fluid pump for quart bottles? I drained and refilled my rear diff and man is it a pain. I had a little spout that I bought at AZ, but it was still a pain. I found a fluid pump, but it fits gallon jugs only. I would like to find something that has an extension to work with standard quart bottles as well as the longer gear lube bottles.

By the time I got done with the rear diff and changing engine oil and tranny filter I was frustrated. Saved the front diff and txfr case until later.

Thanks

I just changed the oil in my rear yesterday. I know what you mean about squeezing the bottles. A real pain. I bought this at AZ I think. You unscrew the top end and fill it with oil. It holds a 1/2 quart. Pull the handle all the way out and fill it up. Screw the lid on and stick the tube in the diff and push the oil in. You can also use it to extract fluid as well. I had the diff filled up in no time. One of the best time saving tools I own.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/mtn2505.html

I picked up a Valvoline (I think
confused.gif
) quart sized pump at Kragens. It even fits Pennzoil bottles
grin.gif

Glad to find out about the pump. I always heat the plastic oil bottles in the microwave until they are hot enough to flow better but the squeeze bottles are still a pain.

Any large shampoo bottle with a pump works fine and you can attach a plastic hose to the end of the pump so you can pump it from the ground. Might be a pain on big truck diffs. I have the fluid loader that looks like a grease gun and still use the recycled shappoo bottles on smaller batches like 2-3 qt diffs and trannie.

Well, I went ot O'Reilly's this morning and found one that works with regular quart bottles made by Lews(?). For the longer squeeze bottles it's about 1-2" too short. Gonna try to make a longer pick-up tube for it though.

The best way I've found to add oil in hard to reach transmissions and rears is to get a 3 to 4' length of 3/8 fuel line from the parts store. Keep the bottles inside or change the oil on a hot day. With the long hose, you can stick one end in the fill hole, the other end on the bottle and add the oil while standing out from under the car.

Have an old pressure brake bleeder canister. Never was much good as a brake bleed tool, because just as sure as you had system nearly bled, tank would run out of brake fluid and inject system with AIR!! Real PITA! But canister with air fill valve, hose with air blower type end and easy fill neck rated for 90PSI will certainly blow any kind of lubricant into any type gear box!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back