Need a Good 2stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi price isn't really an issue, amazon availability is ideal. I would like synthetic. is redline smokeless any good i have been luring over old posts on BITOG for a few days and can't find the righ oil for me any suggestion is welcome. looking for air cooled

I've been using Stihl and G-Oil in my mixed gas for a few years in the 4mix engine and others without issue.

What is your applicaton? If you need a super duty racing oil then I recommend TORCO GP-7.

If you just need a good oil for your OPE (outdoor power equipment) then I recommend ANY oil that meets (and is labeled) the JASO-FC/FD performance specification or the ISO-L-EGD rating. These are low-ash blended oils.

If you just want to sample and play with different oils then put Royal Purple's HP2C on your list. This is a ashless oil and seems to work very well in light duty air-cooled engines. This oil smells nearly identical to Kawasaki's racing oil and carries a strong ammonia smell. Both are ashless so I suspect this is a hydrazine component creating the smell.

There are numerous good oils available. Lucas even sells a ISO-L-EGD rated oil that is available at every autoparts store I've seen. I don't like the smell of it but it seems to work well. And of course the ECHO, Husqvarna, etc. oils that are sold at the big box home improvement stores are JASO rated also and work great.

If you need to lubricate your formula-1 (Moto GP) two-stroke then Klotz and Blendzall sell castor bean oil but it's a dirty burning product. It will eliminate engine wear though.

Like someone else said...depends on application and water or air cooled. But top of the line are Red Line, Maxima K2, and Torco.

Another superb option is Castrol TT-S. We use it in our 2 stroke powered aircraft with excellent results. And, of course, I use it in my KTM 380 and other equipment. It's on par with the old Mobil 1, MX2t (racing 2t)

KLOTZ techniplate snowmobile oil. Its certified TCW3 AND JASO-FD. It seems hard to find full synthetic 2 stroke oil thats certified. I've used Royal Purple 2C in outdoor power equipment with success.

You can find KLOTZ on Amazon.

Originally Posted By: Ope_Freak
KLOTZ techniplate snowmobile oil. Its certified TCW3 AND JASO-FD. It seems hard to find full synthetic 2 stroke oil thats certified. I've used Royal Purple 2C in outdoor power equipment with success.

I dont see certified anywhere for that... just
"Meets and exceeds API TC, TC-W, NMMA TC-W3, JASO FD and ISO-EGD specifications"

^^
Hey Rand -
Go here...
https://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL%2D215%5FQuart

If you look at the description on the right side it lists the actual JASO-FD certification #. You can link from there to see the big list of JASO certified oils and their respective certification #

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: Ope_Freak

I dont see certified anywhere for that... just
"Meets and exceeds API TC, TC-W, NMMA TC-W3, JASO FD and ISO-EGD specifications"

C'mon...fill the rest in "Meets and exceeds API TC, TC-W, NMMA TC-W3, JASO FD and ISO-EGD specifications for certified warranty compliance in Ski-Doo®, Polaris®, Yamaha® and Arctic Cat® snowmobiles" You really think those companys would honor warranty if KLOTZ was lying ?

I really like Citgo Sea and Snow. Yamalube 2R was a favorite pre-mix. Castrol tt-s is Top notch too. Stay away from Tcw3 oils and all of the TC oil are good. I hate to admit it, I had good luck with Amsoil too.

Klotz isnt lying about certification. They have a certification # listed and you can find it in the JASO certified list of oils. The misleaders are those that say:

"Use wherever API TC, TC-W, NMMA TC-W3, JASO-FD and ISO_EGD ARE RECOMMENDED." Amsoil says this on their label. People misread this and think its certified because of this statement. Amsoil may be as good if not better than KLOTZ, but its still not certified. Most people dont care though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back