Need a free in home wifi camera

I’m looking for a in home wifi camera that I can watch on my phone . But without sub. I had a few fish tank in the room and while we away from vacation . I want to atleast see how the fish room is . That all I want .

I just want a camera and I can set up using my Wi-Fi and I can watch it on my phone without sub

I have 10 Arlo cameras throughout and around my house, and they work well for monitoring when away. My single complaint is that the cameras that are furthest from the Wi-Fi are a bit laggy and can sometimes be hard to reconnect during a battery change. Other than that, they serve as well.

I just installed a couple of Wyze cameras, you have to have an account, but nothing to pay for unless you want some additional features. The camera I have in the garage just required a MicroSD card to do its motion recording. So far I'm decently happy with the setup.

I have 10 Arlo cameras throughout and around my house, and they work well for monitoring when away. My single complaint is that the cameras that are furthest from the Wi-Fi are a bit laggy and can sometimes be hard to reconnect during a battery change. Other than that, they serve as well.
I was going to suggest the same. We have Arlo at our place, inside and out.

I just installed a couple of Wyze cameras, you have to have an account, but nothing to pay for unless you want some additional features. The camera I have in the garage just required a MicroSD card to do its motion recording. So far I'm decently happy with the setup.
Good to know . So it only record if some one stand in front of it ? I just need to see if my hang on back filter running or not because if my power go out . My hang on back filter having hard time sucking the water and start back up …

Good to know . So it only record if some one stand in front of it ? I just need to see if my hang on back filter running or not because if my power go out . My hang on back filter having hard time sucking the water and start back up …
Yes, only records when it detects motion big enough to trigger it, otherwise it is just a live view of whatever it is aimed at with no recording.

I like Amcrest cameras. You can get a ptz with audio for around $40. No subscription required. And if you want to record footage you can use a micro sd card instead of paying them. Ios Amcrest app seems fine. You can set schedules for recording and have movement alerts sent to your phone even when not recording.

I’d second the Wyze cam. Super easy setup and cheap. Account (free) to view the video feed, app is easy to use, video is decent quality. We have two and the oldest is about 3 years old, been issue free.

Last edited:
Wyze are excellent for $30-$40. They offer SD card slot for 24 loop, live feed and event alert with 10 seconds of record for free. And yes you can talk to them if you want :)

I use to watch cats and thermometer when I leave and see what predator is trying to get into chicken coop.

You will have to trust me, you have nothing to lose but to return if you dont like it. But you won't. Not only that you can pick it up on Amazon right now for $29 dont let the price fool you. EZVIZ is a subsidiary of the worlds largest commerical security camera company.(HikVision)
No subscriptions needed, do need to buy a memory card, 64gb is plenty. We have used up to 5 of their cameras at any one time, again no subscriptions, phone app works perfect, 2 types of outdoor and the indoor pan and tilt, none has ever failed. (ps I have installed a lot of cameras but not this brand, I use this brand on our own home)

You can spend more but it's not needed .. here is their site.
Ps, you will get prompted for a subscription absolutely NOT needed and does not affect how anything works. All recordings are recorded on the camera memory card and plays back through your phone just like a video recorder. They have this done perfectly and very refined, after all, it's what they do.

Last edited:
There are many choices and really it’s hard to go wrong with any, unless it’s some obscure no name, Chinese models. These usually work good too, but come with little instructions and app support may be sketchy.

I have a TP-Link Tapo series cameras outside, they also have interior cameras. They are reasonably priced and have local storage. No subscription needed. They look similar to EZVIZ cameras @alarmguy mentioned.

I got them because they can directly plug in to the power source of the cameras the previous owner had as part of his home alarm service. These cameras don’t work without an active service, so I junked them. TP-link cameras work great for a fraction of the cost.

I have had cheap, rechargeable no-name Chinese cameras called Zeeporte for a couple of years and they have performed very well. No subscription is needed. They store video on SD cards and the live-feed and video retrieval are through an app. Since yours is indoors, you can have it charge with micro-USD charger continuously.

TP-Link Tapo are cheaper so they might be a better choice.

Back