Need a decent garage stool

All the brands I find have bad reviews for misaligned holes, seat vinyl cracking after weeks, wobbles, broken backrests etc.
most look like the exact same stool with a different logo, even though the prices vary widely.
big Red, craftsman, gear wrench, Pittsburgh/ harbor freight.
I searched and the newest thread I could find was from 2014.
has anyone purchased a shop stool that they are happy with?
Thanks

Restaurant supply stores have plenty of high quality bar stools to choose from.
Major cities should have a restaurant supply store(s) and you could probably get a new or good used one.

The same? stool is cheaper than the one you posted a link to, even after shipping.

1669411942104.jpg
Here is a good stool . 🤣

when i strooled thru home depot today they had one in front with all the sale items , caught my eye , but didnt need one , might want to check it out

My Sears shop stool is 20 years old and still in good shape. Has a back and works very well at my reloading bench.

Major cities should have a restaurant supply store(s) and you could probably get a new or good used one.

The same? stool is cheaper than the one you posted a link to, even after shipping.

500 pound capacity is way more than the “garage” stools I have found. I didn’t think about restaurant supply. That’s a great idea.

Reactions: D60
I just saw that Tractor Supply has a Dewalt stool on sale. IMO it is pretty sturdy and the seat is more comfortable than the standard flat design. This may or may not meet your needs.
Screenshot_20221201_114250.jpg

This is going to be an odd suggestion and not cheap unless you can maybe find a used one. But look up sonographers chairs. I was at the Dr office a while back and saw this weird chair. I asked the Dr about it and got to sit in it. Super comfy and great for all sorts of working/sitting positions. Would work great for working on a bench or on a motorcycle when the chair is lowered down.

FWIW I use this as a shop stool. It doubles as a step stool when I need it. It is the right height for me when doing brakes or other work on vehicles.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: D60
when i strooled thru home depot today they had one in front with all the sale items , caught my eye , but didnt need one , might want to check it out

FWIW I use this as a shop stool. It doubles as a step stool when I need it. It is the right height for me when doing brakes or other work on vehicles.

Just my $0.02
Thanks. I have one of those, but I need something 29 inches or so to work at the workbench. I use milk crates for brake jobs where I need to sit low.

I ended up getting this one. Nicely built, and came assembled. Just need to bolt the seat on.
comfortable seat and the material seems built to last.
Thanks for the suggestion @skyactiv

Back