Need a creative way to keep people from driving through my yard

I vote for Rose bushes or wild Blackberry bushes. Their vehicle will get all scratched up and make it look like they ran into a herd of cats. Big boulders would work too but may not be allowed.

Just block it with your own boat . If the HOA has a problem with it , point to the one causing the problem in the first place .

Are land mines a violation of HOA rules?

Try the sign first.

Actung Minen.jpg

Probably not… The ATF however might take offense to your new “spicy” landscaping rocks.
Well you could just go with dog poo, it's quite the land mine when you step in it. Maybe if you have enough, it will get on the tires and stick up the place.

do what i do:

big holes, nails everywhere in grass, hidden rocks that have dirt over them, and good looking clutter everywhere.

My landlord posted the property with big signs. Put up cameras also as police look for these lowlifes from across the road and up on a bluff near the school. Gets tiring seeing people run halfway into your yard to park during “baseball games” 😝😝😝

Some kind of living fence. Bamboo will grow quickly and very tall. Intersperse with rebar ("bamboo support") if necessary. Option 2: sink his fleet.

A few nicely place big red & white signs that spell out NO TRESPASSING..... Plus the violation code from local police.???
What to do now?
New family moved next door 8 -10 months back. I knew we were in trouble. Her Mercedes SUV with "Parties R Us" on it. Husband's Mercedes SUV has his rooofing company Name pasted on his. They immediately strung up lights all across the back yard trees and shrubs. Each Saturday after noon from 0100pm till 1200am they blast the wild, deep bass, fiesta music (which I don not think little grammar school age kids even care for?) Would not have a problem with a child's party. Except these folks turn them into kids/adult beer blast. It seems while the kids play all the adults are drinking beers and attempting to blow their speakers. Problem is their back yard beer blast party takes place just across (thank GOD) wooden fence right across / against our bedroom & den areas of the house. I went 2-3 times and knocked and they would not even answer the door. I called Police every Saturday for 5-6 weeks and one timid deputy would come out and as soon as he leaves its blast off time again. Finally called again and told them they better send someone now cause I am about to go next door. This time they sent two squad cars and 4 officers. I saw them wearing out the guy and really looked like they were screaming in his face as if he was trying to argue about it. The music stopped that time. The Deputies stopped by and told me they fined him for having to respond more than 3-4 times and told him the next one will be much more expensive. Following week was a complete re-run. Same loud Fiesta and blasting music with same 4 police showing up to fuss and argue with him again on the sidewalk at 1030pm. Last Saturday I parked car between my house and the fence just waiting. When the music started I was prepared to set off the car alarm and leave it blast until THEY called the police. They must have realized what I was up to as that Saturday Fiesta , beer bash , child party was quiet. Music , but we did not have to listen to it in our own house. I tried to approach this guy in the day time and he runs inside or jumps in his SUV and speeds off. So.... guess I will keep our Patrol Units busy until the young goof gets tired of paying the fines. Shockingly there was zero party this weekend. Maybe he is tired of paying the fines after all. I would not have called Police and tried to work it out YET they will not even answer their door or speak. Gave us no choice.

Last edited:
Back