Neat pic of Crystal Black Pearl.

3783-KC1

Site Donor 2024
Hey. Here is a pic of Crystal Black Pearl off my 14' RLX. Has a nice rainbow effect at certain times and the pearl will shift as you move around.
IMG_2023-11-29_15-03-49.jpeg

Honda has always had pretty cool 'black' paints. My Accord was Nighhawk Black Pearl (before all the clearcoat fell off) and had the blue undertone sparkle. Always looked awesome when it was clean and sitting in the sun.

Honda has always had pretty cool 'black' paints. My Accord was Nighhawk Black Pearl (before all the clearcoat fell off) and had the blue undertone sparkle. Always looked awesome when it was clean and sitting in the sun.
Yeah my 04' is NBP. Has a bit of green and even a purple/red speck in some places. Shame that the clearcoat was bad when Honda went to American production. The Japanese clears held up ok. Shame that Majestic Black is so bland. All it has is a tiny bit of really small blue flakes and silver flakes. Looks really boring even when new.

If yours was made in the mid 2010s then it is probably the same color. Honda has a tendency to use the same blacks for 10 years.

It reminds me of the way that the black pearl changes looks depending on the light.

Saturn Black Gold paint
Huh. Really nice color. How does the pearl shift in the light? Looks similar to what I imagine Grenada Black Pearl is on the old Legends/Teggys(?). Pearl density looks somewhat similar to NBP. Just a sliver less dense than NBP.

Huh. Really nice color. How does the pearl shift in the light? Looks similar to what I imagine Grenada Black Pearl is on the old Legends/Teggys(?). Pearl density looks somewhat similar to NBP. Just a sliver less dense than NBP.
I can remember seeing a few of these ar dealerships while my parents car shopped. I remember a couple of the Saturn wagons almost looking like they had gold flake in the paint. Really neat.

Nice. Shame that they aren't around anymore. Don't see many on the roads at all. 04 RLs are more common in my area and only 8700 were sold! Also, BMWs Carbon Black for the E39 M5 is a mean looking color from the pics.
I'm not a huge fan of black vehicles but the BMW carbon black has such a deep hue. From my talking with a bmw salesperson it was an extremely soft paint even by black standards. You didn't want to even stare at it the wrong way for fear of dulling it.

I'm not a huge fan of black vehicles but the BMW carbon black has such a deep hue. From my talking with a bmw salesperson it was an extremely soft paint even by black standards. You didn't want to even stare at it the wrong way for fear of dulling it.
Nice info. Germanic clearcoats tend to be soft from what I hear due to resistance from rock chips on the Autobahn. Especially makes sense on a vehicle like the M5.

Cool. Guess it has blue and gray pearls in it? Can't see too much from the images I found.

Cool. Guess it has blue and gray pearls in it? Can't see too much from the images I found.
Hard to tell, here's the Jeep:

Back