Nearly finished my compressor install, please critique!

This of course means that the long 10 foot length of pipe didn’t alter in temp in anyway. With the air being cooled down by the time that it hits that point, does that mean most of the water will be out of the air before entering, so I won’t see much water at that drip line?

Dan

Love the images! The temperatures seem low, what is ambient? Im surprised the pipe out is as cool as it looks!

Reactions: JC1
Love the images! The temperatures seem low, what is ambient? Im surprised the pipe out is as cool as it looks!

Thanks! The ambient temp was high 40s, let’s say 49. Yeah like I said, after 22 minutes of running solid with a tank pressure if 130ish average psi the outlet pipe feeding into the tank was just a bit warmer than the ambient. My phone was saying in the range of 60-65 and I’d believe that to be accurate. It wasn’t warm at all. Now there was definitely heat radiating from the top of the pump and the pipe coming from the pump and going into the inter cooler was quite warm.

Dan

I decided to check for moisture in the long line since I gave it the hardest workout that it’s had. I opened up the first drip line, the one just before the the bend and first filter. There was definitely moisture, not a lot, but it made my hand wet.

You can see the sheen
512C2471-298F-4366-81CA-714AD7D0AB65.jpeg

E73D8A1C-DD3E-4C9E-84F1-EB9D52314E6A.jpeg

I also opened the valve on the tank and there was definitely a good amount of water at the bottom.

6219F5EF-D274-49BA-9081-51C667F91D1E.jpeg

I’d think that Walker will collect a good amount of water.

What is the appropriate way to check or empty water from the first filter?

Dan

That aftercooler pipe going to tank is only one that matters if you can hold onto it that's awesome meaning the filter will be helpful. Moisture cannot be removed from hot air 15F over ambient is awesome.

I decided to check for moisture in the long line since I gave it the hardest workout that it’s had. I opened up the first drip line, the one just before the the bend and first filter. There was definitely moisture, not a lot, but it made my hand wet.

You can see the sheen
View attachment 75042
View attachment 75040

I also opened the valve on the tank and there was definitely a good amount of water at the bottom.

View attachment 75041

I’d think that Walker will collect a good amount of water.

What is the appropriate way to check or empty water from the first filter?

Dan
Same setup on filter as on tank is how many do it.

Same setup on filter as on tank is how many do it.
Put the moisture separator coming out of the tank. Nice set up. A lot of the water will come out of the auto drain at the bottom of the tank. If you mount it in the aftercooler line the water separator is seeing full capacity. If you mount it coming out of the tank you will be separating the water slower at the rate that is being used. Nice set up.

Put the moisture separator coming out of the tank. Nice set up. A lot of the water will come out of the auto drain at the bottom of the tank. If you mount it in the aftercooler line the water separator is seeing full capacity. If you mount it coming out of the tank you will be separating the water slower at the rate that is being used. Nice set up.

Thank you, I saw your suggestion in my other thread. So if I put it on the output of the tank you think the air will overall be dryer? I was trying to eliminate water from entering the tank, but if I can get dryer air by putting it after the tank then that makes more sense. I’m after the absolute driest air possible for spraying. I appreciate your assistance on getting me there.

Do you think with my setup I’m there, or should I add a desiccant dryer after the 50ft of 3/8” hose or right before the 50 ft. I really don’t know what I’m doing and not sure I’m the extremes I need to go.

Thank you,
Dan

Thank you, I saw your suggestion in my other thread. So if I put it on the output of the tank you think the air will overall be dryer? I was trying to eliminate water from entering the tank, but if I can get dryer air by putting it after the tank then that makes more sense. I’m after the absolute driest air possible for spraying. I appreciate your assistance on getting me there.

Do you think with my setup I’m there, or should I add a desiccant dryer after the 50ft of 3/8” hose or right before the 50 ft. I really don’t know what I’m doing and not sure I’m the extremes I need to go.

Thank you,
Dan
Sorry I just seen this. If you want to add a desiccant dryer put it after the moisture separator. Like I said this way you will dry the air as you use it..

Back