NASCAR Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining NASCAR for the 2007 season. Their Tundra joined the truck series in 2004.

-

I know it's not PC with many in the racing crowd, but that pretty cool.

Now if we could just get Audi, BMW & Honda/Acura involved, maybe Nascar might be worth watching again.
wink.gif

I like it...what engine can they run ?

Or will they come up with their own "clean slate" pushrod V-8 of 350 odd c.i. (like the pusrod indy engines) ?

Just a thought gang. Not that it matters much, but most of the imported brands have USA, assembly plants. The Camry, is built in Georgetown, KY, by good ol'Southern Boys, which still is the Core, for Nascar Racing Fans. Shouldn't be a Major Problem then.

Along the same thought, BMW, S.Carolina, Mercedes-Benz, Alabama, Nissan, Tennessee, even Hyundai, Alabama, have Southern Assembly Plants, cars built by Southerners. There is local interest to be sure, even though they aren't USA Corps. But in the Global Economy, it doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Might not be as bad as having a bunch of Yankees from Michigan, Jack Roush and Roger Penske, with Ford and Dodge, or Chevrolet, with California Drivers, Jeff Gordon and Mid-Wests, Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman, and others, winning the whole Enchilada, and The Nextel Championship. Wasn't that long ago it was The Winston Cup, was it?
grin.gif

When Darryl Waltrip, and maybe Michael, soon to follow, join with Toyota, like Roger Penske, even, with INDY Racing, Toyota, will be a Winner. They are also going after the Formula 1, title too.

I'm glad to see that they are using American Drivers, as I don't know what BUBBA, is in Japenese?
patriot.gif
burnout.gif
cheers.gif

OH BOY! I wonder how many of the Nascar Drivers, own Import Dealerships?

I know that many Owners do; Rick Hendrick, owns many, I've ordered parts for my old BMW, from his Charlotte, NC, Dealership. Roger Penske, owns Longo Toyota, the largest Toyota Dealership in the USA. I don't know if Jack Roush, owns any Dealerships, Domestic or Import. Interesting, isn't it?
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Hey, Rusty's YZZF1's will fit my Vibe!

To update an old NASCAR phrase:

"Win on Sunday, sell (Honda/Toyota cars,parts,service) on Monday"
grin.gif

Rusty's deals don't look so good to me. Though he offers "free shipping" on his cases (10), they're ~$43. Lately there have been other auctions offering Toyota OEM cases for $37 shipped.

Or, you could just buy 36 Premium Plus filters like I did for $36...

I like it...what engine can they run ?

Or will they come up with their own "clean slate" pushrod V-8 of 350 odd c.i. (like the pusrod indy engines) ?

Toyota has already developed a 358cid carbureted V8 for NASCAR. It's being used in the Toyota Tundra trucks currently competing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back