"NAPA" universal fleet plus 15w 40 the same as VPB

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just in napa trying to buy some Valvoline PB they where all out and will only be getting the new cj4 oil ,any way the parts guy said there napa oil was made by Valvoline and sure enouph the bottle says made by Ashland inc. and it's the ci-4 plus i was looking for

Quote:

i was just in napa trying to buy some Valvoline PB they where all out and will only be getting the new cj4 oil ,any way the parts guy said there napa oil was made by Valvoline and sure enouph the bottle says made by Ashland inc. and it's the ci-4 plus i was looking for

It may be made by Ashland corporation, but that doesn't mean it's the same composition.

Hammer

Makes you wonder if they are not one and the same...I kinda doubt it...I think Premium Blue gets more R&D while Napa may be older formulation modified to meet current spec...would wait for Premium Blue if I was gonna run in Cummins...No Problem using Napa in old tractor or what have ya!

If it meets CI-4+, then it meets CI-4+. In Napa's case, they obviously rebrand products for their own sale. Just because it says "Napa" on it, doesn't make it bad, or good. Look at each item and decide for yourself.

The Napa Gold filters are re-badged Wix premium filters; very good stuff. I would imagine the Napa oil is nearly as good as the Valvoline brand, with less cost. They may not spec as many additives, but if it meets an API spec, then it performs to that level as a minimum.

looks as if your right about just meeting the ci-4+ this is the e-mail i got from Valvoline.." They are similar but not exactly the same. Premium Blue will exceed the
spec while Napa only meets the spec."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back