Napa Ultra Platinum filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cp3

Doesn't the M1 use synthetic media as well?

No they use a blend not full wire backed.

Originally Posted By: daman

Ah, got now....I think
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: daman

Ah, got now....I think
crazy2.gif

Like daman said.
Now for the unconfusing thing to remember is that those glass and polyester fibers we call synthetic media are very fine and flexible. Cellulose media is resin impregnated and is stiff.
Cellulose can support itself, so most filter makers use a blend of cellulose and synthetic so it needs no outside physical
support. The addition of synthetic fibers in the "paper" fills gaps and helps filter finer particles out.
Fully synthetic media is a bit like cloth, and usually need a wire backing...kind of like a window screen that has been folded into pleats. Otherwise it could not keep its shape.

I just had to laugh I saw in another thread where somebody is already reccomending these filters.....They arnt even out yet. Honestly again I ask why do you feel this design is so great? Does anyone have data that shows in 10,000 miles that these filter better????? I buy my 820S for 3.00 and run them 8,000 miles. Have opened them and they look great, no startup noise, and no issues.

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
I just had to laugh I saw in another thread where somebody is already reccomending these filters.....They arnt even out yet. Honestly again I ask why do you feel this design is so great? Does anyone have data that shows in 10,000 miles that these filter better????? I buy my 820S for 3.00 and run them 8,000 miles. Have opened them and they look great, no startup noise, and no issues.

This is the same design as the Amsoil, RP, D+ and Fram Extended Guard oil filters, so why wouldn't it go 10,000 miles? As you stated earlier "Any $6.00 oil filter will go 10-12K". Most top quality oil filters will. But I would love to see what the Fram Extra Guard filter looks like after 10-12K. The Fram Extra Guard is going for $5.99 at my local Autozone.

How many here go more then 15k OCI's. Do you guys see where im going with this. Really are any of these filter worth purchasing.

The last amsoil filter was great for about 6k. Then i started getting the worst startup noise ever. I mean really is there a true benefit to using these? Give me numbers guys no more [censored] and no graphs from manufactures. Im buying 4 Motorcraft filters for what 1 napa/wix cost. I better get some good filtering. I'd have to say atleast 5 micron for this to even be in my head to use.

I know some people are reading this and the light is going on .

Realistically how many amsoil UOA are over 15k?

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa

This is the same design as the Amsoil, RP, D+ and Fram Extended Guard oil filters, so why wouldn't it go 10,000 miles? As you stated earlier "Any $6.00 oil filter will go 10-12K". Most top quality oil filters will. But I would love to see what the Fram Extra Guard filter looks like after 10-12K. The Fram Extra Guard is going for $5.99 at my local Autozone.

This doesnt answere my question, and Fram is not a premium filter IMO.

This filter is not due to be released until the end of aug at the earliest

Last edited:
How many here go more then 15k OCI's. Do you guys see where im going with this. Really are any of these filter worth purchasing.

The last amsoil filter was great for about 6k. Then i started getting the worst startup noise ever. I mean really is there a true benefit to using these? Give me numbers guys no more [censored] and no graphs from manufactures. Im buying 4 Motorcraft filters for what 1 napa/wix cost. I better get some good filtering. I'd have to say atleast 5 micron for this to even be in my head to use.

I know some people are reading this and the light is going on .

Realistically how many amsoil UOA are over 15k?

You don't want to use them fine,so why keep posting?

Just got back from Napa and they had no clue about this filter. I said dude just look at your sales flyer. He looked at it and said maybe August. I said ok I'll wait till I physically see it for myself on the shelf.

Will these be only sold under the napa brand or will wix sell them under their name also?

If so is Wix going to offer a branded line or just have another part number like they do their other XE filters?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
Will these be only sold under the napa brand or will wix sell them under their name also?

If so is Wix going to offer a branded line or just have another part number like they do their other XE filters?

Good question, only time will tell my friend.

Thursday I sent an Email to Wix asking rating and the exat question if they are going to be available in Wix branding. I have not heard back yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back