NAPA ProSelect 21358

One of these filters came off my EJ253 after a winter run of only 5k Kms, the other is off an unknown vehicle that I regularly service, at regular intervals, or I would have put both aside, for a C&P with more data. Mine was set aside to drain overnight so that I could do C&P and someone threw it in the filter recycling bin. :mad: Sorry for the mix up, but regardless, it's not good, see the tear for yourselves. Just as an FYI, NAPA calls for 27712 for my EJ253.
4ADE3BDF-7535-4BD7-8FAE-3B8F62A5BECA.jpeg
6E0F5DF3-2EE0-44AA-A1D7-50A5777E94AA.jpeg

Last edited:
One of these filters came off my EJ253 after a winter run of only 5k Kms, the other is off an unknown vehicle that I regularly service, at regular intervals, or I would have put both aside, for a C&P with more data. Mine was set aside to drain overnight so that I could do C&P and someone threw it in the filter recycling bin. :mad: Sorry for the mix up, but regardless, it's not good, see the tear for yourselves. Just as an FYI, NAPA calls for 27712 for my EJ253.
View attachment 150268View attachment 150271
Ugly is right. What oil and filter did you reinstall?

I Thank You sir 🇨🇦🇺🇸🍻👍

Wow...the parts in those pleats remind me of a little restaurant dive I stopped at about 35 years ago in Intercourse Pennsylvania and our Amish waitress was named Fanny for real. I told my work buddies the part in her hair was bigger than the crack in my... nevermind this isn't the place for this but the story was true.
Nasty filter...cheers

saw the photo and my heart sank.. More than disappointed this keeps happening. It would be interesting to keep a spreadsheet of torn media filters kind of like what was done on the purolators at one time.

Back