NAPA PROSELECT 21348 TORE! CUT OPEN

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. This piece of filth was off my daily driver 11’ Focus base model car. Had it along with some older filters I’m slowly getting around to cutting open. Bought car in 2022 day before Labor Day weekend. They say they did oil change using Toyota synblend 5w20 and this. I never saw that documented at all. Took filter and nasty oil out of sump that weekend. Vehicle since then has had HPL NO VII 5w20 and Fram ultra filters but now has Donaldson P 55132 “lube filter” on.

So, basically this filter was on my car for god knows how long. Shame on the Toyota Dealer I bought car from. Vehicle now has 93k on it and runs great. Changed out the HPL NO VII 5w20 today and went with last gallon of Delvac 1 5w40 ESP and half quart of same.

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. This piece of filth was off my daily driver 11’ Focus base model car. Had it along with some older filters I’m slowly getting around to cutting open. Bought car in 2022 day before Labor Day weekend. They say they did oil change using Toyota synblend 5w20 and this. I never saw that documented at all. Took filter and nasty oil out of sump that weekend. Vehicle since then has had HPL NO VII 5w20 and Fram ultra filters but now has Donaldson P 55132 “lube filter” on.

So, basically this filter was on my car for god knows how long. Shame on the Toyota Dealer I bought car from. Vehicle now has 93k on it and runs great. Changed out the HPL NO VII 5w20 today and went with last gallon of Delvac 1 5w40 ESP and half quart of same.

View attachment 211452

View attachment 211453

View attachment 211454

View attachment 211455

View attachment 211456

View attachment 211457

View attachment 211458

View attachment 211459

View attachment 211460

View attachment 211461
Ruh-Oh … looks like the old Puropaperlaters … 🤨

Tear not good, no doubt. That said, with unknown fci, could have been run well past the ~5k miles for which these jobber filters are intended and best run. This one is really a China made M&H with the ProSelect name.

Since topic 1348 one is same application size as the recent XG3614 posted, waiting for the comment this application too small here too. ;)

Thanks for c&p.

Last edited:
Tear not good, no doubt. That said, with unknown fci, could well have been run well past the ~5k miles for which these jobber filters are intended and best run. This one is really and China made M&H with the Protec name.

Since topic 1348 one is same application size as the recent XG3614 posted, waiting for the comment this application too small here too. ;)

Thanks for c&p.

You are welcome my friend 👍🍺🇺🇸

That filter most likely tore early into the OCI ... and both pleats probably tore on both ends almost simultaneously. If one pleat tore, it would have acted like a bypass valve and reduce the dP across the media ... so both those pleats probably popped both of their ends at the same time. Undue stress was put on those widely spaced pleats the moment the first engine start-up was done on that filter. If the pleats are going to tear from wide spacing and dP stress, they are going to tear quickly.

Back