NAPA Pro select filters quality (NSF 27002)

How has everyone’s experience been with Napa’s pro select? I’ve been meaning to try them out based on the many cut opens. I’ve been using OEM Mazda and Ultras for the past year but today I finished my stockpile

I’m looking at the NSF 27002 which happens to be on sale this week for $6 after discounthttps://www.napacanada.com/en/p/NSF27002?keywordInput=nsf+27002
Thanks!

I've used them once or twice in the past and they held up well. Not something I would look forward to buying, especially at $6 a pop. For that price, I'd pass.

$6 canadian so about $4.5 USD, the average filter is $10
Ahh I didn't catch Canada in the URL, my mistake. When I bought them, I paid around $3-4 so that sounds right. Give 'em a whirl, I doubt you'll have an issue.

Ahh I didn't catch Canada in the URL, my mistake. When I bought them, I paid around $3-4 so that sounds right. Give 'em a whirl, I doubt you'll have an issue.

that’s alright, I’ll probably do a summer OCI then do a cut open. Who makes them now? I know wix used to make them few years ago

The following thread has kept me away from Napa Pro Select oil filters:

I was also concerned but I think it ripped because OP ran it for 8k miles, my goal is to run it for 4-5K miles or 6000-8000km. I’ll install it in the spring and let y’all know when I cut it open. I’ll likely start cutting them up again, I’m currently using a Tokyo Roki Mazda OEM

I can get them for under two bucks on my account but gotta buy more than I want or need but they dont run as well as the TG or FU 7317's in Honda/Acura. Guess the blue Honda filter is made by Fram so I just buy the Fram.

Forgot to mention that this is the same filter as the Wix 57002, and seems to be exclusively made for Mazda

it was referenced in their website as well

From what I've seen on here about pro select line, I would not use with Mazda synthetic 0w20. That filter is at best a 3k jobber. If you want to spend the least amount of money as possible get the supertech st6607 or fram orange can ph6607. The supertech is actual a decent filter especially since the ADBV is irrelevant on these engines (has nitrile ADBV). Medium price I would go oem or Fram tough guard.

Back