NAPA (or other) brake rotors?

I put NAPA Ultra Premium rotors on our Buick in 2014 and they've doing great. I would use them again.

rotors vary + most are cast in China BUT so if your paying for install better ones that last longer are cheeper in the long run IMO DIYers pay no labor so a shorter lived rotor is ok + the higher carbon rotors like the EBC ones i put on my 11 fronty are said to brake better, lots of options BUT as long as they STOP you all is well!!

One thing, these days there are a lot of fake knockoff auto parts, and a large percent of those are sold on Amazon. So, spend a little extra time and phone the original manufacturing company and ask for the details on the phone about how to identify and determine if the part you bought is genuine or fake. The fake usually will work for a brief time and then wear out fast or fail after a short amount of use. They usually are not worth the time it takes to install them. So if it is fake return it to Amazon.

Being in the rust belt, I always tend to use Centric rotors, and source them on Amazon. Quality has been superb, but most importantly to me is the edge of the rotors as well as the "hat" parts coated in a black finish that will not rust.

I used napa premium rotors and they warped after 3k miles.

"Warped", eh?

I've had uncoated rotors completely rust over in a day so I get coated ones now. My last purchase I got from Rock Auto, because local circus tents wanted at least twice what they did. Shipping didn't come close to offsetting it. The difference in online and local opportunists is becoming staggering.

I've had uncoated rotors completely rust over in a day
This is not a flaw of rotors if this happens. Cast iron will develop surface rust just from the humidity in the air alone. It looks bad but isn't fatal and the pads will remove that coat of rust the first time you apply the brakes. On the hat, O.D. edge, etc, the rust will remain.

This is not a flaw of rotors if this happens. Cast iron will develop surface rust just from the humidity in the air alone. It looks bad but isn't fatal and the pads will remove that coat of rust the first time you apply the brakes. On the hat, O.D. edge, etc, the rust will remain.

And the rotor will freeze to the hub and the wheel. This is why it's impossible to remove the old rotors without a hammer :sneaky:

The coating really helps here because the coated rotors come off easy when they are worn and need to be replaced.

It's just hideous, but it won't cause them to... warp. 😐

And the rotor will freeze to the hub and the wheel. This is why it's impossible to remove the old rotors without a hammer :sneaky:
Not as much of an issue as you may see on videos you watch (SMA) or something that can't be avoided quite easily. I live in the rust belt too.

Back