Napa master pack oil filter price

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local NAPA store here sells to the public the Proselect NAPA Masterpack line of oil filters for just under $2.50 including sales tax (8% here). The two I buy are the 21334 for a 06 Elantra 2.2 L, and a 51515 for a 94 F 150 4.9L. These are the ones that come a dozen to a cardboard box and do not come in an individual paper box, they are just shrink wrapped in plastic. Carquest/advance auto parts also carries the Masterpacks, but only sells them to the local garages, they will not sell them to a walk in off the street customer, at least not the store in my area. They are all made by Wix as I understand.

The NAPA Silver is on sale this month for $2.50 each depending on application. Already bought a couple for my Olsmobile.

We used them for a long time on the grand marquis we had. Worked very well for the 5k oci on it. The silver is a step above the preselect with a little bit more media. So if the price is the same go for the silver.

I used them when the purolators went bad at the shop and when i sold the shop he still used them but it seems a few of the shops stopped using them for quality issues according to them or maybe they are getting a better deal on the ones they switched to.. Don't forget they are made by the people that make purolator.

Quote:
I used them when the purolators went bad at the shop and when i sold the shop he still used them but it seems a few of the shops stopped using them for quality issues according to them or maybe they are getting a better deal on the ones they switched to..

From the description of the ones now being used, they are Made in China jobber tier filters, I'll go with that one. And considering there's been no quality drop off anecdotes noted here, or in my own personal use with Napa Gold, I'll look at the former as complete hearsay. Most likely an excuse for using cheaper jobber filters with China coo.

Quote:
Don't forget they are made by the people that make purolator.

No, they're made by the people that make Wix, same as always. They (Wix) are now 'owned' by the same company that also owns Purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back