Changes To Wix 51036 and Napa Gold Date Question

So I ordered a Master Pack of Wix 51036 from Rock Auto. Sadly the new ones I received(2022 production) have changed from an older style Wix filter I have from 2019(See picture). None of the filters I received in the Master Pack was individually wrapped and I am assuming from the oval inlet plate holes the new ones I received are a Purolater style? Both filters weigh the same - 11 OZ. Also the metal inlet tube is now louvered and does not have round holes like the 2019 filter on the right but they are at least still US production. Three of the filters I received from RA were dented so I returned them(2nd pic): They dont put enough cushioning in the shipping box so the Master Pack box was banging around inside. I can get a few older NAPA Gold oil filters that a friend has sitting around he said he would sell me cheap. Any idea how old the white NAPAs are? They appear to have been stored correctly as there is no rust on the inlet plate.

Attachments

• Wix Comp.jpg
    Wix Comp.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Wix3.jpg
    Wix3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 116
  • Napa W.jpg
    Napa W.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Napa W2.jpg
    Napa W2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
The dented ones look like 050622 = May 6, 2022. Yes, the one on the left in the first photo with oval baseplate holes and louvered center tube is basically a Purolator design.

The Purolator made wix look better all the way around. sorry i'm no help on the date. just an assessment.

So I was just in 'O Reilly and I looked at the retail boxed 51036 Wix that they are selling. They were 2022 production but made in MEXICO. They had the older style Wix round holes one piece metal base(Like the filter on the right in my 1st pic above) but they had a metal louvered inside tube. The black paint was very rough looking and there were paint smears on the base.

Back